Mariner in one week... ice skate questions?

TwoGrills

I did finally read that the smallest ice skates onboard are size 2, does anyone know if that is correct? My girls are ages 6 and 8 but they have tiny feet so now I am bummed to find this out after making a big deal about going ice skating... They wear sizes 10 1/2 and 11 1/2... I bet it is the same for rollerblades too.

Just returned on a cruise on the Mariner of the Seas. I don't think getting skates for your 2 kids should be a problem. I saw a toddler who is only 3 (or perhaps 4) years old and he was fitted with skates. The problem is getting signed up for the open skate session and skating lesson. There are two open skate sessions on Day 2 of the cruise and another 2 on Day 6. There is only 1 skating lesson session on Day 6 for children under 17 and 1 lesson session for adults. They have only about 30 helmets and the only way to sign up is at Studio B. Many people were turned away when they showed up on the day of the session. There are only 10 openings for the kids lesson. Arrive for the 1st open skate session on Day 2 and sign up for the lesson/next open skate for Day 6. I brought my son for the skating lesson (without first signing up) and fortunately someone on the list did not show up, so he managed to get the lesson. My son is 10 years old and he does not have big feet. I saw lot of kids who are 5 to 9. I am sure getting skates for your 2 kids will not be a problem, if you can get them signed up.

I did finally read that the smallest ice skates onboard are size 2, does anyone know if that is correct? My girls are ages 6 and 8 but they have tiny feet so now I am bummed to find this out after making a big deal about going ice skating... They wear sizes 10 1/2 and 11 1/2... I bet it is the same for rollerblades too.

You'll get more responses if you post this on the RCI board. This is the Mexican Riviera port of call board. :D

Have fun on your cruise!

Just returned on a cruise on the Mariner of the Seas. I don't think getting skates for your 2 kids should be a problem. I saw a toddler who is only 3 (or perhaps 4) years old and he was fitted with skates. The problem is getting signed up for the open skate session and skating lesson. There are two open skate sessions on Day 2 of the cruise and another 2 on Day 6. There is only 1 skating lesson session on Day 6 for children under 17 and 1 lesson session for adults. They have only about 30 helmets and the only way to sign up is at Studio B. Many people were turned away when they showed up on the day of the session. There are only 10 openings for the kids lesson. Arrive for the 1st open skate session on Day 2 and sign up for the lesson/next open skate for Day 6. I brought my son for the skating lesson (without first signing up) and fortunately someone on the list did not show up, so he managed to get the lesson. My son is 10 years old and he does not have big feet. I saw lot of kids who are 5 to 9. I am sure getting skates for your 2 kids will not be a problem, if you can get them signed up.

Just got off the Mariner as well. Also had problems with rollerblading. The didn't have it open most of the time due to "inclement weather" (even though it only rained part of one day) and high winds. Even then, they only had it open from about 5:30 to 7 when the first dinner setting is. You should check with the rec staff when you get on the ship to find out times and weather policies.

Archived