Sorry to ask ... but I'm confused - Old vs. New Price Drop Rules

I thought I understood it... but now I'm confused again.

What is the difference between the old and the new price drop rules?

I just booked last month... if the price drops before final payment, and I notice it and call RCCL (who I booked through), can I get the new price and the difference reimbursed?

I thought I understood it... but now I'm confused again.

What is the difference between the old and the new price drop rules?

I just booked last month... if the price drops before final payment, and I notice it and call RCCL (who I booked through), can I get the new price and the difference reimbursed?

Yes, if you find a price reduction before you make final payment and it's not for "new bookings only" you can call RCI and they will adjust your cruise fare to reflect the lower rate. If it happens after final payment, you will not receive any adjustment/OBC.

Cruises booked prior to May 17 are still eligible for any/all price reductions up until 72 hours prior to sailing. If it happens prior to final payment a cruise fare adjustment is made. If it happens after final payment a OBC is issued.

is it good for price drops prior to final payment, or prior to final payment deadline? For example, what if you pay for the cruise before the final payment deadline, and then notice a price drop before the final payment deadline?

how do you know if it's for "new bookings only"?

Also... the way I'm checking is to start a new dummy reservation... is there a better way?

If you happen to check on a Tuesday you might see "for new bookings only" since Tuesday has the Specials listed on select sailings.

I always do a dummy booking to check if our particular cabin category has been reduced due to a senior/residency/military/police&fire.

is it good for price drops prior to final payment, or prior to final payment deadline? For example, what if you pay for the cruise before the final payment deadline, and then notice a price drop before the final payment deadline?

RCI will go by the date that they want final payment and not the date that you made final payment..........which could be earlier that required.

That's why it's really better to wait until their final payment date. No sense giving it to them any earlier than necessary.:D If you are paid in full, then they will most probably issue a credit to the credit card on file.

Archived