Just Off Beautiful Emerald Princess

kimchee1212

Sitting at FLL airport waiting for our delayed flight on Continental Airlines (Ah, are they horrible).

If you have any questions about the Emerald (Western Caribbean Itinerary), feel free to ask.

I'll write a review soon.

Had a great time!

Look forward to your review. Will be sailing on the Emerald Sept 5th. Have a gte mini and

am waiting for a cabin to be assigned. Hope you enjoyed!

We are on the same cruise! We have a gty balcony and got our assignment about a month ago & are happy to be on Caribe deck.

Jan

Leaving for the Emerald on August 29th. I guess I will ask for everyone else, who is the CD? Lol.

We had Tim Donovan, but it was his last cruise, so I'm not sure who you guys will have. You'll have a great time no matter who it is :D

We had Tim Donovan, but it was his last cruise, so I'm not sure who you guys will have. You'll have a great time no matter who it is :D

Oh I am sure. I could care less who the director is but to some people that matters alot. I make the best out of everything.

Hmmm. Just today received our email from Princess announcing the name of the CD for our Emerald July 25 cruise as none other than .....tada...Mr Donovan. Maybe he is taking just a short break? LOL! Elouise Lashley is the Circle Hostess. We will stear clear of any and all silly people.

Hmmm. Just today received our email from Princess announcing the name of the CD for our Emerald July 25 cruise as none other than .....tada...Mr Donovan. Maybe he is taking just a short break? LOL! Elouise Lashley is the Circle Hostess. We will stear clear of any and all silly people.

Maybe. I thought they usually get like 3 months at a time off. Maybe a family emergency or something and they might send you an updated one. I guess I will see what my email says for our upcoming August cruise.

We board the Emerald in the Spring and have googled every possible photo of the ship (I think). If you have more, would love to see them.

Yeah I would much rather prefer the candid photos and reviews rather than the "fake" pictures that are just to perfect lol.

The last I heard is that he's going on vacation sometime soon but will be back on the Emerald on Oct 19.

To the OP- Do you know if they had any sort of a seafood buffet in the Horizon the first evening?

I'm going to answer everything in one big post (:

That's strange. Maybe it's just a short break, although they usually have longer ones.

And I didn't take as many pictures as I usually do (Which is like 1500), but I have plenty of pictures and I'll share them all with you. Beautiful ship, crowded, but beautiful.

And there was no seafood buffet on the first night. Very disappointed :/, just a sailaway buffet.

Everyone has an opinion...my husband isn't a Princess fan but he loved the Emerald. We've been on 17 different ships..... We just completed a 24 day on the QM2..."we've been there, done that, got the t-shirt and don't need to do it again". Is the Emerald due for a dry dock? My focus is always the cabin, food, internet space and public areas.

Wanted to add the Emerald may need a dry dock...so not saying she isn't tired right now. Last August she was beautiful. We've been on 20 cruises ....5 on Princess. Its hard to rate the top but the bottom two are easy...Rotterdam and QM2...both are beautiful ships but we didn't have a great time for the same reason on both ships....food and service.

We leave next weekend... Hopefully you can tell us all of the do's and don'ts, since it's too late to back out...:D

Man that was a BEAUTIFUL ship.

You must eat some yum yums at the IC,unbelievable pastries,Shrimp or chicken salad,Ahhhhhh. Too much to list here.

Do not miss the pizza up on 15 near both pools,A different specialty pizza every day,oHHHHH.:D

Have a safe trip,use a sunscreen!

There have been reports on another thread that the Lotus pool is now limited to only people utilizing the Sanctuary. According to the report posted, non Sanctuary passengers cannot use the pool and that it was posted in the Patter each day. :mad:

I think this was a bad interpretation of something written in the Patter.

Any confirmation about this ruling?

There have been reports on another thread that the Lotus pool is now limited to only people utilizing the Sanctuary. According to the report posted, non Sanctuary passengers cannot use the pool and that it was posted in the Patter each day. :mad:

I think this was a bad interpretation of something written in the Patter.

Any confirmation about this ruling?

I've been on Emerald eight times, including two weeks ago, and have

never seen this.

My opinion of cruisecritic -- if there is a comment that is suspect,

I don't believe it until it is confirmed by a reasonable number of people.

For instance, someone reported a few months ago that coffee cards

now have an expiration date. Been on three cruises since then, and

no expiration date.

Tim has 2 more weeks before his vacation and he did not know who his replacement was going to be.

It was a wonderful week for us also.....love the Emerald.

All the staff was fantabulous, from Captain on down, what wonderful service!!

Archived