How does one get invited to do the ships bridge tour.

AlexsDogPound

I bought one of the packages that included a bridge tour (July 03). When all of our certificates came, there wasn't a confirmation about the bridge tour. I asked the purser about it, explaining that this was a present for my DH. The next day I got the invitation for the tour. Ours was on a sea day.

See, that's my problem. A port day is not gonna work out too well. I'm scheduled to do excursions on the five days we are in port in the Hawaiian Islands. A sea day would be so much more convenient. But, hey ... if I can snag an invite to the bridge, I guess I'll juggle things around to make it happen ... especially if they'd let me toot the horn. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

We were on a 10-day Caribbean cruise last October when it was announced during the cruise that our fourth port would be deleted and arrival at the fifth port would be early. I sent a letter to the Captain through the Purser’s Desk, asking if our stay in the third port could be extended. The next day, the Captain announced that the stay at the third port would be extended by two hours, so I sent him a thank you note.

The next day, my wife and I received a personal letter inviting us to tour the bridge on a sea day, even though we had not asked for a tour. I asked the Purser’s Desk if we could bring our four young adult children and that was approved. There were a few other couples on our tour, so I guess it can still be done.

Jim

Archived