Packing in September?

ColoCruze

I've been looking at all of the packing threads...but I'm wondering if anything's different for September. We'll be in Alaska (Whittier>Hubbard Glacier>Glacier Bay>Skagway>Juneau>Ketchikan>Vancouver) starting on September 11th. Any different kinds of recommendations?

You really will need a waterproof jacket for each person and an underlayer of warmer clothes, but the benefit is that the cruises are less dressy as the cruise season winds down. You won't need the formal wear etc.

I bought a Goretex rain jacket and wore it in every port. Mostly a drizzle at times in some, but in Ketchikan, it kept me dry in an all day downpour. I wore my usual SAS walking shoes and found that they are waterproof! Lots of sales in stores. Formal nights had few tuxes but were as dressy as they are on other cruises.

I've been looking at all of the packing threads...but I'm wondering if anything's different for September. We'll be in Alaska (Whittier>Hubbard Glacier>Glacier Bay>Skagway>Juneau>Ketchikan>Vancouver) starting on September 11th. Any different kinds of recommendations?

There are some good packing lists here: http://www.alaskacruises.com/what_to_pack.asp

I would go through them and only bring what you thing you will need. They are BIG lists. But, they gave me some good information.

We are also leaving Colorado for Alaska this September!

Have a great cruise.

Archived