Owner suites 17030 vs 17007

jckyo2010

Hi everyone, I have booked OS 17030 on the epic but have second thoughts about the choice I made. I think the balcony is bigger then 17007 but I am concern about the noise level of the pool area. I am torn between 17007 and 17030. Does anyone have any details regarding these two cabins. Are they both the same size inside? Do they have music all day long at the pool area? How is the view from these two cabins. Also we are doing the eastern carib. What side do we dock on in the carib.

Any pictures of these two cabins would be great.

Thanks.:rolleyes:

Edited by jckyo2010

Sorry, wish I could help but the only time I was in an OS the cabin steward caught me and politely kicked me out.But take heart, by the

time I finish this post,someone should have your answer.:)

I would be interested in anyone's experience with the aft owner's suites (esp 17033) as well. Have this cabin booked for March but am a bit concerned about possible noise from above and not totally sure about looking out onto the pool deck below (hoping more of the balcony is on the side so we get a view of the water!). Picked this one as we wanted an open air balcony and also it looked a bit bigger than the forward suites on the diagram (although that might be misleading)

I would be interested in anyone's experience with the aft owner's suites (esp 17033) as well. Have this cabin booked for March but am a bit concerned about possible noise from above and not totally sure about looking out onto the pool deck below (hoping more of the balcony is on the side so we get a view of the water!). Picked this one as we wanted an open air balcony and also it looked a bit bigger than the forward suites on the diagram (although that might be misleading)

You really should have no issue with noise from above since POSH is on the other side of the ship. Most of your view will be the sea. If you look at the view from 17035 next door (below) even that OS has a partial sea view and you have the wrap around balcony. If I book an OS next time on the Epic 17033 would be my first choice.

2239023590059187889S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for the photo. Looks like we will be OK in 17033! I did notice that most of Posh was on the other side of the ship but could not really tell what was above us- just hoping it wasn't the dance floor!

Thanks for the photo. Looks like we will be OK in 17033! I did notice that most of Posh was on the other side of the ship but could not really tell what was above us- just hoping it wasn't the dance floor!

Above you is a public sun deck.

There is some news in another post on this board titled "epic changes"- apparently NCL has put out a memo stating that Posh is now no longer exclusive to villas. Not sure whether that means it is open to everyone for free or whether it means paid access. To me it sounds like Posh may get a lot busier and therefore louder! Even though I am not directly below (17033) this is still very concerning as a full club day and night could generate a lot of noise. I was looking forward to 17033 as it looked bigger than the forward owners suites (which are all gone for my sailing) but I am definitely reconsidering- will wait and monitor posts and reviews for further info. Maybe NCL will realize this is a big mistake if people start cancelling their aft owners suites because of concern re noise from above!

Edited by chris209
spelling mistake

Hmm- interesting that the thread" Epic changes" (which had infoabout supposed changes to Posh and other onboard services) seems to have disappeared from these boards?

Just noticed that also. Guess NCL didn't like their proprietary memo published.

Edited by HazyDavy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been waiting also. I will be sailing in 17030 a week from Saturday so I will report back. There will be plenty of photos. I am traveling with a group of 850 TA's we have booked a lot of the suites. I will see if I can get a peek or photos of both. I don't think noise has been a problem.. Let me know if there is anything else you want to know specifically.

• 4 years later...
I have been waiting also. I will be sailing in 17030 a week from Saturday so I will report back. There will be plenty of photos. I am traveling with a group of 850 TA's we have booked a lot of the suites. I will see if I can get a peek or photos of both. I don't think noise has been a problem.. Let me know if there is anything else you want to know specifically.

so how was the 17030 we are sailing in her next week and I am also concerned about the pool noise.

so how was the 17030 we are sailing in her next week and I am also concerned about the pool noise.

Iv'e stayed in both 17030 and 17004. As far as the difference in the suite the major difference I noticed was in 17030 the vanity area was located in the walk in closet where in 17004 it was in the bathroom. The balcony was not at all private as far as 17030, if out on it you could be sure people were looking up at you and if you wanted to sit out and quietly read a book during the day forget it as all the noise from the main deck can be heard. The only time I ever heard any noise from POSH was at midnight one night when they were moving furniture for a med evacuation.

Edited by dlynn0366

Also POSH is a relatively quiet place which closes down early so in the evening nothing to be heard. Another thing about the balcony on 17030 etc OS is that whenever you step out make sure you are fully covered as even at 5am you have people out on the main deck either watching the sunrise or reserving deck chair or crew is out placing chairs. While the balcony in 17030 was big I found I very seldom used it as I felt I was in a fish bowl surrounded by loud music. For the first few days it was fun, you feel like you are "queen" of the ship waving back to people on the main pool deck but that gets old soon :D

During the day when the band etc is playing yes it can be noisy but with the doors shut in the actual suite I can't say it was an issue. Also looking down at the crowd partying can be very entertaining. At around 5 when everything closed down it was peaceful to sit out. I think the main thing with the deck is the lack of privacy ......like you don't jump out of bed & run out to take a look at the ocean :) It really is a beautiful suite & you will love it. Watch the bathroom floor it can be slippery.