Orville does it again

Mark5047

Hi

We just got back from our cruise, and one of the ports was Jamaica. I cannot speak highly enough of Orville. His assistant was there at the dock to meet us and take us to where Orville was - he was there within a few minutes of our ships arrival. He drove the 2 of us to the falls where we were the first ones there for the day, so we got to climb the falls by ourselves (well, with the guide but no other tourists) which was awesome!! He returned to pick us up for shopping exactly when he said he would, as a matter of fact that was pretty much how Orville operated for us - he told us when and where to meet him after each stop and he was there as he said. After shopping we asked him to take us to a nice Jamaican place for lunch and it was awesome. I am sorry, I can't remember the name of the place, but it was on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Great food too. After lunch Orville picked us up and we asked him to take us on a tour of his country. He took great pride in this - never tired of our questions and he pointed out a lot of things we may have overlooked. We went to Fern Gully and to Spice Mountain. Every so often he stopped to pluck a leaf or something else for us to smell and touch. All in all it was one of the highpoints of our cruise.

You owe it to yourself to check out Orville. Not only was he fantastic, I could not belive how inexpensive he was. Probably the best value going........

I agree with you about Orville. Most reasonable (incredibly so, in fact), very flexible, pleasant, reliable. I think that the restaurant that he took you to may have been BiBiBips -- that's where he took us, and from your description it sounds like the same place; just awesome!

You can also try Orville at orvilletay@hotmail.com. He is a little slow to respond, but I think that's the "no problem" Jamaican way.

His prices: For our tour, which lasted around 4 or 4-1/2 hours, he charged only $15 per person! We had a group of 12, but the $15 rate is for four or more people, so you don't need a large group, and it would be perfect for your family. For fewer than 4, he charges $20 per person. One of the best reasons to use Orville is that you don't have to rush through everything and leave when the bus driver says you have to go; he'll wait as long as you want him to, so you can take your time.

Archived