Busy port day

tarheel04

We will be on the carnival fantasy in october that visits the ports of key west, freport, and nassau. While in nassau, we will be one of 5 ships in port that day at the total of around 12,000 passangers ( researched on cruise tt ). My question is with that many ships in port that day will it be overcrowded in the city ( i know the obvious answer is yes ). But will excursions like the blue lagoon be sold out or just to crowded to go and enjoy. I know that scubagirl probably has the answer to my questions, since she is the expert in this area. Also does anyone have any suggestions for freeport, have never been there. This is about our 4th stop in nassau, so we have done a lot and wanted to try the blue lagoon for the first time, i've heard it's great! I guess if it gets sold out we could always do a day pass! Thanks in advance for the help!

We will be on the carnival fantasy in october that visits the ports of key west, freport, and nassau. While in nassau, we will be one of 5 ships in port that day at the total of around 12,000 passangers ( researched on cruise tt ). My question is with that many ships in port that day will it be overcrowded in the city ( i know the obvious answer is yes ). But will excursions like the blue lagoon be sold out or just to crowded to go and enjoy. I know that scubagirl probably has the answer to my questions, since she is the expert in this area. Also does anyone have any suggestions for freeport, have never been there. This is about our 4th stop in nassau, so we have done a lot and wanted to try the blue lagoon for the first time, i've heard it's great! I guess if it gets sold out we could always do a day pass! Thanks in advance for the help!

The port area will, of course, be busy with 5 ships in port, but the good thing is.. it's off season for the hotels, so it shouldn't be unbearable on tours like the blue lagoon etc.

I would definitely book in advance, as space is limited.

Wyndham will be closed from late August thru the 1st week of October, but Sheraton day passes should be available.

The port area will, of course, be busy with 5 ships in port, but the good thing is.. it's off season for the hotels, so it shouldn't be unbearable on tours like the blue lagoon etc.

I would definitely book in advance, as space is limited.

Wyndham will be closed from late August thru the 1st week of October, but Sheraton day passes should be available.

The Wyndham will be closed in late August??? :eek: I was planning on doing the Sheraton Day Passes with shared use of Wyndham. We will be there Aug. 29th. Can't get any later in August than that. Maybe I'll try the Blue Lagoon. It is Sunday and we'll be in port with two other ship. Is that off season for hotels? Thank you for all your help!!

Archived