Spa deluxe balcony/mini suite

They didn't appear to be any different from a non spa deluxe balcony. Our cabin had a tub/shower combo which was good. We did the transatlantic so it felt like they hadn't quite got their act together as to our 'perks' - hopefully this would be sorted now. We had to ask for robes which I presumed would be supplied as standard in a spa deluxe - the room steward said 'oh, I will have to ask my boss'. Our in room paperwork said we would have complimentary Elemis toiletries - no we didn't. We queried this with the spa manager and she said your Elemis products are in the dispensers. Well this was not true as we could see the large containers the room stewards were using to refill them and they were not Elemis.

When you arrive in your cabin you have wrist bands that allow access to the spa but these could be purchased by non spa accommodation guests on board for $199 per couple for the 7 days. We paid a lot more than $199 to upgrade from a deluxe balcony to a spa deluxe.

When we booked this cruise the brochure said we would have 24 hour private key card access to the spa. This was not the case - the spa was open from 8 am - 10 pm. When we queried this with the spa manager she said that is the hours and nothing we can do. At this stage we were seriously wondering what we had paid extra for.

However after speaking to Klaus, hotel director, things changed. We received fluffy robes, slippers, small bottles of elemis products, and they gradually changed the hours of the spa - first until midnight and then until 2 am. By the time we left the ship they were changing the entrance to the spa so that it is key card activated. While we were there I felt that anyone could have walked in as there didn't appear to be any check on whether you had a wrist band or not, unless you asked for a locker.

I have since read on the NCL website that there is coloured passenger controlled lighting in the spa cabin. We never found that.

It was nice to be close to the spa but I felt the extra we had paid for the spa cabin was not worth it. We would have saved a lot of money paying for a deluxe and buying the spa pass.

It seem like we had the same events. We had a great time as well. I do believe the spa balcony which we had on the TA was a better value, we did not have a tub just a shower and a little less room.

David & Jeanette

They didn't appear to be any different from a non spa deluxe balcony. Our cabin had a tub/shower combo which was good. We did the transatlantic so it felt like they hadn't quite got their act together as to our 'perks' - hopefully this would be soad rted now. We had to ask for robes which I presumed would be supplied as standard in a spa deluxe - the room steward said 'oh, I will have to ask my boss'. Our in room paperwork said we would have complimentary Elemis toiletries - no we didn't. We queried this with the spa manager and she said your Elemis products are in the dispensers. Well this was not true as we could see the large containers the room stewards were using to refill them and they were not Elemis.

When you arrive in your cabin you have wrist bands that allow access to the spa but these could be purchased by non spa accommodation guests on board for $199 per couple for the 7 days. We paid a lot more than $199 to upgrade from a deluxe balcony to a spa deluxe.

When we booked this cruise the brochure said we would have 24 hour private key card access to the spa. This was not the case - the spa was open from 8 am - 10 pm. When we queried this with the spa manager she said that is the hours and nothing we can do. At this stage we were seriously wondering what we had paid extra for.

However after speaking to Klaus, hotel director, things changed. We received fluffy robes, slippers, small bottles of elemis products, and they gradually changed the hours of the spa - first until midnight and then until 2 am. By the time we left the ship they were changing the entrance to the spa so that it is key card activated. While we were there I felt that anyone could have walked in as there didn't appear to be any check on whether you had a wrist band or not, unless you asked for a locker.

I have since read on the NCL website that there is coloured passenger controlled lighting in the spa cabin. We never found that.

It was nice to be close to the spa but I felt the extra we had paid for the spa cabin was not worth it. We would have saved a lot of money paying for a deluxe and buying the spa pass.

Archived