Scalding HOT Shower Water

pcmodhouse

So, last year when we sailed on the Fantasy the shower water was extremely hot. Even when set to what would appear to be warm on the lever would actually be at least 100 degrees. We're going on the Fascination next month and I'm bringing a temp guage so I can get an accurate reading on how hot it really is.

Has anyone else here experienced deadly, melt-off-your-bones HOT water on Carnival ships? Are all ships/cruise lines the same?

No - I've actually had the opposite happen - no hot water at all (right before dinner on the 1st evening as I am about ready to step in - I wait and wait and wait for it to warm up!).

End up calling purser's desk - twice - finally get someone in there - fixed it enuf for me to RUSH and get ready - but plumbers were in my cabin a couple more times til they got it right!

Did you call purser's desk or mention it to the room steward?

We had a problem on one of our Fantasy cruises, the shower would be scalding one minute and then cold the next, then scalding again :eek:

...they never could get it straightened out.

The good news is that nothing like that ever happened to us on either the Conquest, Triumph or Dream...:)

Every Carnival shower I've been in, which has been quite a few, there is a sign on the shower wall warning you to always turn the water on cold first then gradually warm it to your satisfaction to avoid scalding. Common sense to me.

So, last year when we sailed on the Fantasy the shower water was extremely hot. Even when set to what would appear to be warm on the lever would actually be at least 100 degrees. We're going on the Fascination next month and I'm bringing a temp guage so I can get an accurate reading on how hot it really is.

Has anyone else here experienced deadly, melt-off-your-bones HOT water on Carnival ships? Are all ships/cruise lines the same?

I love a good hot shower so hot water isn't a problem. I've never had anything but wonderfull showers on a Carnival ship.

Every Carnival shower I've been in, which has been quite a few, there is a sign on the shower wall warning you to always turn the water on cold first then gradually warm it to your satisfaction to avoid scalding. Common sense to me.

I doubt this was what happened...and he did not say he had a problem reading or following directions...:rolleyes:

"God don't like ugly"

Even when set to what would appear to be warm on the lever would actually be at least 100 degrees.

100 deg is not in any way hot or flesh eating. As a person with temperature sensitive skin, you did have the ability to get out of the shower didn't you?

Maybe it was the fact that you laid out in the sun to long.:D

Yes the showers can get hot, but you have the option to, turn the temp down or get out of the shower.

What is the purpose of bringing the temp gauge? I just dont see what purpose this is going to serve or why you would want to pack one. Stick your hand in the shower- if its too hot turn it down.

I have never been scalded in any Carnival shower. I test the water first.:rolleyes:

Years and years ago (not telling how many!) we were going from Nassau to Miami on either the Bahama Star or Yarmouth Castle (OK, that dates me!, but I was very young then, really) and I can remember being in the shower during some rather rough weather...... ship leans to the right: hot water.... ship leans to the left: cold water. That's a difficult shower!

I would hardly call water that was 1.4 degrees warmer than your body temperture scalding. :eek:.

My pool is 92 degrees just now, and it still feels cold getting in.

I would hardly call water that was 1.4 degrees warmer than your body temperture scalding. :eek:.

OK, bad measurement. My wife loves HOT showers and she was bothered by it. I'm sure it was a fluke or something. Or maybe just where our room was located:confused:

Turn on shower....

Let run...

Stick hand palm siide up under the water to test temp...

Adjust hotter or colder to suit you.

Then step into shower.....

Just a thought and the way I do it....

I also read the sign that says to avoid scalding.....;)

We had the same problem on the Imagination last year. Turned all the way down to cold and could hardly stand to stay in it (it was still scalding). It was this way the entire cruise. Luckily, kids could shower in MIL cabin. Guess I never thought it could be adjusted. Just one of those things I overlook in the overall cruise experience. Now if my kids needed to be in that water, I would have contacted someone.

BTW, why can't people answer nicely? Already accusing OP of wanting to be compensated or ignorance. These boards can really be brutal sometimes.

This warning has been in the shower of ever Carnival ship I've ever sailed on:

IMG_1360.jpg

They're right...

:)

BTW, why can't people answer nicely? Already accusing OP of wanting to be compensated or ignorance. These boards can really be brutal sometimes.

I agree...it would be a nice change... people being kind and considerate more often ;) :)

A couple of years ago on the Pride (when it was here on the West Coast), I wanted a cool shower after a hot day in Puerto Vallarta. Unfortunately only hot water was coming out of the shower. I called 3x to the guest services desk and the plumber never came. During the time waiting, I kept trying to get into the shower, the water would be cool for about 1 minute, then scaulding hot water would come out. Luckily, after about 1 hour, the water got cool.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize I could have gone up to the Spa showers.

This was the only time that a maintenance worker hasn't come when requested. In the past I have requested service on a slow draining sink and a shower that decided to shoot water from different parts of the shower head.

The 'shower water check' is now one of the things I routinely do when first entering my cabin - don't want to be stuck like last time - standing around in a bathrobe while the plumber fiddled about and freaking out about being late for dinner. If I find a problem at embarkation I would be able to report it right away (and hopefully get it fixed before needing the shower?)

Actually I had quite the contrary...I just got off of the Fascination and the water was too cool for my usual taste, but I love hot showers. Lucky for me I was sunburned and the cooler water felt awesome.

Had this problem on Conquest last year. Scalding hot even when turned all the way to cold. Thought it might be "operator" error, so told our room steward - he checked and confirmed the lever was broken. It would turn but not adjust from the hot setting. He called maintenance and it was fixed in about 1/2 hour. Worked perfectly for the rest of the cruise.:) Don't worry about asking the steward when you need something, especially something that could cause injury, that is what they are hired to do.

Archived