Anybody want start with me today 7/16

JackieH

Hi all,

I haven't been on for awhile. It's been crazy around the house. Sara started school this week and Marie had her orientation for college all week. I hate to admit but we've been running around so much and we've been eating on the go. So, I haven't been that good. My walking has been slackin' too. I'm afraid it's going to show on the scale Monday. And on top of it all, my dog Buddy hurt is back. I took him in to the vet, they put him on pain pills and muscle relaxers. All he does right now is sleep. Trying to convince him to go outside to potty is a trick and a half.

Jackie - I hope your feeling better.

Everybody keep up the good work!

Lisa...sorry to hear about your Buddy. It's so hard when our four legged kids are hurting.

I just noticed your planning on the Allure next October. That's the same cruise my daughter and I have been talking about! We have a 'thing' for Halloween cruises and I want an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. We won't book anything until after our cruise this year, and most likely after our January one too. Still in the early planning phases for us.

Thanks Marie. He is doing better, the pain medicine is starting to work for him. That would be cool if you guys ended up going on the same cruise as us. I tried to plan a halloween cruise couple of years ago but it didn't work out. So, we're all looking forward to this one next year!:)

Have a good weekend.

Welcome beachgirl75! Marie - my birthday week was pretty much normal, I just happened to turn 40 during it! :eek: For dinner we had Chipotle...so not sure how that will hurt me, weigh in tomorrow. But it was SOOOO good! One bad side effect - we had back to school night that same night, and didn't get home until 9:30 and still had to do 90 mins of yoga...I had really bad heartburn from chipotle so there were a couple of uh-oh moments, but made it through and felt good after.

I did get new nike's and a better work out bra at the Nike store. When we did the kickboxing (Kenpo X) yesterday I was able to do jumping jacks. :) I couldn't do them before because I didn't have enough, um, support. :D

Karen - P90X is actually pretty cool. The trainer, Tony Horton, is constantly telling you to "do your best, forget the rest" so he tells you the form, and reminds you that it is quality over quantity. There are still some sections of the work out that I can't do 100% - I get winded and have to rest, but after I rest I get back in there! We are going to take our 30 day pictures today (it is actually 34 days but we forgot). What is exciting though is doing things you couldn't do before. One move in yoga is called upward dog. You are on your stomach, pushing your upper body up with your arms locked straight, and your feet are resting on the top part of the foot - and you lift your body off the floor - so the weight is on the top of your foot, and your arms. I couldn't do that until this last week, and even then I couldn't do it each time, but I tried and that is what Tony says - do your best...:) I can't say enough good things about this program.

I watched an infomercial on it but it wasn't the normal one, it was one where they had everyday people showing their progress. It was such an inspiration because my husband and I are right in line with where these super fit people were at 30 days! We are down between 14 and 19 pounds, and so were they - but at 60 days it was closer to 35 - 40, and at 90 days they were seriously fit and (some of them) ripped. Oh to have that as a carrot hanging in front of you! :D

So I guess it is brutal in the sense that the dvd's are an hour, or 90 minutes, 6 days a week, plus a 16 minute ab workout (we haven't done this yet, but should be doing it 3 times a week). But, if you get committed, and when you start seeing results, and also know you can rest when you need, it isn't bad at all. Anyway - LONG post! Sorry!

Oh, one more thing, I eat normal, just not a lot of crap. Cereal (not in a tupperware bowl! One serving!) and fruit for breakfast, low fat cheese or cottage cheese or yogurt for a snack, sandwich and apple w/peanut butter for lunch, and salad or veggies and meat at dinner. If I am extra hungry, I eat more meat (protein). Plus I drink the P90X recovery drink after some of the workouts. It tastes good if it is super cold, so I make it at the beginning of workout, put it in the freezer, and just shake and drink after. SOOO refreshing!

Anyway, I love it!

jackie - I get migraines too, I can really sympathize with you. Plus, I get them for days on end like you - I don't know any others who suffer like that, so again, I know how much pain you are in. Wishing you the best and brighter days ahead. FYI, I had a migraine the Friday before our first cruise, which left on a Sunday. I woke up at around 5am on Sunday in our hotel, went out and watched the Mariner glide into port, and went back up to my room and cried and cried. I still had my migraine! So...I took a pain pill and had a stiff drink as soon as I got onboard, POOF! No more migraine! (of course this is seriously reckless...but I was desperate - haven't done that since and DO NOT RECOMMEND IT!!).

Did I see 2.2 lbs down for Marie? AWESOME!!! Keep up the great work! Today is my day of rest (fitting :)) but I think we might do the ab workout.

Good luck to all with weigh-in tomorrow!

Brandy

Hi all, hope everyone had a great weekend. Weigh in today, down 2 Lbs.

Lisa, hope your doggie is feeling better! Poor little thing

Crusin Crazy, thats what to do, just dive back in! Hope you had a good time, the food is good & everywhere in Chicago.

Jackie, hows the migraine? Hope your feeling better

Have a great week everyone! We are supposed to have great weather here in Michigan this week, but it is Michigan so who knows!

Cindy

Hi Everybody..migraines seem to be gone, but still wake up with daily headaches due to teeth clenching(even with bite guard)UGH:(..it is so frustrating.

I cant believe we leave on Thursday for Florida and cruise on Saturday. We planned this cruise over a year ago, and it seemed so far away, now its right here.

All of y ou are doing great!!!Keep it up.

Ive been walking at least 5 nights a week. Although I havent lost more then 5 pds, I am happy I havent gained anything.

Jackie - great job on the 5 lbs! I hope you have a wonderful cruise! Can't wait to hear about it!

Cindy - whoo-hoo!! 2 pounds is awesome!!!

Cruisin crazy - Happy Anniversary!

Hope everyone else has a great and successful week!! I am down 1.5 for an overall total of 16 lbs. Didn't get the ab workout in...I really need to. That is my goal this week - add the abs!!

Brandy

Hi everybody,

Jackie- I hope you have a wonderful cruise and I hope the migraines stay away. Have fun - I wish I could go with!!!

Thank you for your well wishes for Buddy. He is doing better. His pain medicines help out alot. He is starting to feel like his little puppy self. When we took him to the vet, she said he was overweight. So, he's now on doggie weight watchers. lol.

Sounds like everyone is doing a fab job on their weight loss and exercises. That P90X sounds awesome. I wish I had the "you know whats" to try it! lol. I lost another .8 lbs. This is the 2nd week I've stayed under my 200 lb mark, which I'm totally happy about. Before I would almost get under then go back up by a couple of pounds. I've increased my fruits and vegs. Trying new recipes. The girls don't really like them, but I think their ok and they seem to keep my hunger satisfied.

Totally slacked off on my walks this last week, just so much going on with the girls starting school and keeping an eye on Buddy. I did couple of xtra nights at work this week too. More $$ to put towards the cruise!! Getting up early in the AM and start the walking routine that's the plan.

Keep up the good work everyone and stay healthy!

Hey all. WOW it is hot here in Michigan! It is only 5:15 am and our air is running! Not unusual for some of you, but here it is. Weigh in today, lost 1 more pound. Better than gaining 1 right? LOL. Hope everyone has a great week! Cindy

Welcome Deb and good luck!!

Great job Cindy!!

Great job Lisa!!

You are all doing AWESOME!!!

I lost 4.5 this week for a total now of 20.5. This weekend my family came down from Oregon and we worked on my son's eagle scout project. It will be done next Saturday. YEAH! I think I have bronchitis...it has been a very hectic week. I stayed home today and all I have done is sleep, and going back to bed now! Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Congrats to all of youon your weight loss!!!!!!!!!! I am going on Carnival Liberty Oct 9th and my wife and I started being more active and eating better. Results have been great... My wife lost almos 35 pounds and I lost 20 or so and have now stated gaing better weight. I started a motivational blog this wekend feel free to read ;)

http://scottiesoverthetop.blogspot.com/

Welcome Deb and good luck!!

Great job Cindy!!

Great job Lisa!!

You are all doing AWESOME!!!

I lost 4.5 this week for a total now of 20.5. This weekend my family came down from Oregon and we worked on my son's eagle scout project. It will be done next Saturday. YEAH! I think I have bronchitis...it has been a very hectic week. I stayed home today and all I have done is sleep, and going back to bed now! Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Everyone - Good work! Whooooo hoooo Brandy, 4.5 pounds gone in one week....SUPER fantastic! Good job Cindy too, 1 pound is good, especially cause you had lost 1 1/2 the week before! It ALL adds up!

Just realized I had not posted last Friday...my weigh in day. So will just update when I weigh in this Friday! Still doing my 5K step walks, I just figured it up yesterday that I had walked 12 miles last week! Yay me!

Great job Marie! I always weigh in on Monday but starting tomorrow I am going to weigh in on Fridays also. Sometimes DH & I like to eat out on Sat. or Sun & even though you eat sensible, there is still quite a bit of salt to retain. The holiday weekend is here! I am going up to northern MI to visit a couple of my brothers who live there. Of course they will probably have plenty of food & BBQ. I will just eat small amounts to stay on track. Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Cindy

Hi Everyone!

The weather has been fantastic. Weigh in day lost 1.2lb :). And I tried on my tight jeans, not so tight anymore. Yeah! My zumba classes start here in the next week or so. I hope I can do it. I'm a little nervous. I just don't want to be the only big gal jigglin' her belly. lol

Keep up the good work-sounds like everyone is doing great!:)

Great job Marie & Lisa on the losses! I am down a bit also, 1.5 this week. Total of 22 lbs overall since July 19th. I weighed Sunday instead of Monday because we had our Fantasy Football Draft Sunday afternoon - a bunch of guys and lots of food! And...too tempting so we both ate things we shouldn't have. Almost over the congestion and icky stuff from last week - but with my son's stuff (eagle project, football) and my stuff (work, bible study, running a couple of fundraisers) posting will be limited for a couple of weeks until I can get caught up on stuff!

I did get quite a few comments from the guys that I only see 2 times a year on how good I looked and how I looked "fit" not just like I had lost some weight. That made me feel really good. Oh, and I did go shopping last weekend so for those that I mentioned I wanted to be to a size 20 by my Nov cruise - I am there! YIPPEE!! :p

hobbsie2 - welcome and fabulous job for both of you! Haven't checked your blog yet but really wanted to tell you GREAT JOB!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE!! WE CAN DO THIS!

B

It is so inspiring to see all the losses! Keeps me believing I really can lose the excess weight. I did not do as well as I wanted on my little trip this past weekend but I am back on track! Guess I will see the damage on Friday. Need to lose at least another 10-12 LBS for my vegas trip in about 6 weeks cause I know my friend will have me walking from one end of the strip to the other! Keep up the great work all, I need to stay inspired! LOL

Archived