Anybody want start with me today 7/16

JackieH

Hi Cindy! You are doing so great and I know you will be ready for your Vegas trip!! You know I have really struggled this week so far - ever since eating freely on Sunday my husband and I both feel like we are hungrier and not able to eat the way we had been. It is getting better, but it is amazing how quickly the cravings come back by eating junk food for just one day! We are eating ok, just bigger portions. Almost back to normal though...gets better every day.

We continue to plan our days around our work out, tomorrow we will TIVO the NFL game and work out as soon as we get home, then catch up to the game. Friday night our son's football game is at 7:30 so will get home and start the workout by 5:15, be done by 6:15 and clean up and get to the game on time. Whew! Saturday we have errands - senior pictures for our son, grocery shopping and cleaning the house (oh, and that darn 90 minute yoga dvd!!) but Sunday is all football - all day! No workout. :p Can't wait!

Weather is changing here - only low 70's today and windy...I must resist the cold weather comfort food!

Have a great rest of the week and weekend everyone!

B

Wow Brandy, you sure have a hectic life! I remember those days. Really makes me feel guilty that I am not exercising if you can make the time. You go girl!!

Weigh in today, nothing lost, nothing gained. Guess last weekend I ate more than I thought!icon10.gif Better luck this coming week. :) Cindy

Hi Everybody, I havent had time to read all the updates, but I will later on. We got back from our cruise Sunday evening..Then Tuesday school started..so it was a hectic week. I gained 3 pds on the cruise:rolleyes:, but happy to say as of today, I lost all 3 pds again.:)

Ive been walking everyday since being back home. The weather seems to be cooling off a bit so it makes it much easier.

When the kids are all at school I will go back and read about all your success's while I was gone.

I love fall weather. Me and the girls went to the local apple orchard and walked around. They have a bakery...Oops. I couldn't resist had a slice of warm apple pie ale mode. OMG - so delish. Then I felt guilty, so came home and did my walk. lol. And weigh in day is tomorrow:eek:!

Marie - I'm right there with ya. I gotta stay on track, too. I got confidence in us both.

Welcome back Jacke - sounds like you did a great job on your cruise. Congrats to already losing the 3lbs.

Cindy - I know you can do it. Your doing a terrific job, keep it up.

Brandy - Your an inspiration! I wish I was that commited to my workout!

Have a great week everyone.

Good morning all - well last week was a real struggle for me...ended up eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream (over the week, not all at once) and ate pizza (birthday at work), Chipotle (me being weak) and various other things that are not part of my normal diet. I don't know what happened but the second half of the week I just couldn't stay on the right path. I gained a pound.

I almost did Kenpo again yesterday (kick boxing) just because I thought I might have a gain, almost but didn't. :rolleyes:

Still haven't started the ab workout either. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I hope you all are having successful days - and I plan on digging in my heels and getting back to basics.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Hi there everybody,

Been working the past couple of nights - my weigh in for Monday (after the apple pie) gained a 1 lb. Oh well. Been working out - doing my walking. Trying to eat more fruit and drink my water. My weight is so so slow in coming off. Drives me insane!!! I hear people at work how they lost 9lbs in just a week. What's up with that! Oh, please let this weight come off this time.

Hang in there everyone!

Great job Marie & Lisa on the losses! I am down a bit also, 1.5 this week. Total of 22 lbs overall since July 19th. I weighed Sunday instead of Monday because we had our Fantasy Football Draft Sunday afternoon - a bunch of guys and lots of food! And...too tempting so we both ate things we shouldn't have. Almost over the congestion and icky stuff from last week - but with my son's stuff (eagle project, football) and my stuff (work, bible study, running a couple of fundraisers) posting will be limited for a couple of weeks until I can get caught up on stuff!

I did get quite a few comments from the guys that I only see 2 times a year on how good I looked and how I looked "fit" not just like I had lost some weight. That made me feel really good. Oh, and I did go shopping last weekend so for those that I mentioned I wanted to be to a size 20 by my Nov cruise - I am there! YIPPEE!! :p

hobbsie2 - welcome and fabulous job for both of you! Haven't checked your blog yet but really wanted to tell you GREAT JOB!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE!! WE CAN DO THIS!

B

THANKS! We will need to try this Zumba class... everyone talks about it. We do all of our workouts at home and on a treadmill. I changed the address to the blog..... I try to keep it motivational and funny..... posting once a day :)

http://scottiesoverthetop.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone! I'm determined to lose 15 lbs. by Oct. 10th. Hoping to fit into the bathing suit in my closet. Also need to look good in my "cruise clothes". So any help and words of encouragement are welcomed! I started to track my weight and would like to lose 2 lbs. each week. Started to walk on my treadmill 30 minutes each day and going to start a low calorie plan with Joy Bauer - Your Inner Skinny - 4 steps to thin forever. Anyone else following this plan?

I have good tips in here http://scottiesoverthetop.blogspot.com/ , things we have learned and that really helped us loose weight fast with out starving :eek: That goal is surely possible! Make sure to get your heart rate up when you are walking on the treadmill! Walk FAST:D Eat first thing in the morning to bring your metabolism out of rest mode so it can do you some work :p Also remember to cut back on Sodium and Sugar! No sodas for us:)

Great motivation Hobbsie, great blog. Weigh in yesterday and another week of nothing lost and nothing gained, exact same weight for 2 weeks. When will I learn to incorporate some exercise?? :rolleyes: Have a great week everyone!

Cindy

Thanks! Don't get down on your self if you are not loosing:p Remember to STAY ACTIVE!:D

Don't have too much time today to chit-chat. I hope everyone has a good week. I did ok. Just lost what I gained last week. So pretty much evened out.

Weigh in day = down 1 lb. :). Zumba class starts tomorrow. It's been really rainy & stormy around our area this last weekend.

Take care, stay healthy!!

Same with me...not much time and not much weight difference, down a pound this week (offset the up a pound last week!).

However, I have been reading some posts at beachbody dot com and realize I am not eating a) at the right time of day and b) enough carbs to match my work out. I think my body might have slipped into self preservation (starvation) mode...so I am adding some carbs to my diet to see if that helps. More later....

Keep up the great work everyone!

Same with me...not much time and not much weight difference, down a pound this week (offset the up a pound last week!).

However, I have been reading some posts at beachbody dot com and realize I am not eating a) at the right time of day and b) enough carbs to match my work out. I think my body might have slipped into self preservation (starvation) mode...so I am adding some carbs to my diet to see if that helps. More later....

Keep up the great work everyone!

That is one of the most important things to watch :) One thing that I tell people as well is that abs are 10% workout 90% Diet and timing what you eat :eek:

I hope everybody is having a good week so far. I survived my first zumba class. It was an hour long, but alot of fun. I knew some of the people in the class, so I think that helped. I really worked up a sweat. I've been staying on track so far this week.

Have a good night everybody!

Hi Hobbsie20 - I really don't know if that is it or not, but I started only eating when I was hungry trying to get back on track, so really didn't eat until lunch (sandwich and yogurt or cottage cheese or rice cake) because my coffee filled me up (3 cups with half n half) and then would have maybe an apple and peanut butter or maybe just a recovery drink (powder mix with water that is sold from the p90x program) for dinner. I really don't know if that is what happened, but looking back on my not so great eating week to last week, there was a huge difference in calorie intake. But then I was thinking...does the body shift that fast? I don't know...but I am happy that regardless of what the scale says, my shape is changing.

I am almost to the point of having to get new work clothes - I went from WOW those are tight to WOW any looser and they would fall down on their own! I bought some new play clothes, but I am cheap and don't like to spend money for work clothes - however My husband actually needs to get new clothes. He belts his pants and the waist band slips under the belt and it looks like a 10 yr old trying to wear his dads pants! I better go get ready for work. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!!

Hi Hobbsie20 - I really don't know if that is it or not, but I started only eating when I was hungry trying to get back on track, so really didn't eat until lunch (sandwich and yogurt or cottage cheese or rice cake) because my coffee filled me up (3 cups with half n half) and then would have maybe an apple and peanut butter or maybe just a recovery drink (powder mix with water that is sold from the p90x program) for dinner. I really don't know if that is what happened, but looking back on my not so great eating week to last week, there was a huge difference in calorie intake. But then I was thinking...does the body shift that fast? I don't know...but I am happy that regardless of what the scale says, my shape is changing.

I am almost to the point of having to get new work clothes - I went from WOW those are tight to WOW any looser and they would fall down on their own! I bought some new play clothes, but I am cheap and don't like to spend money for work clothes - however My husband actually needs to get new clothes. He belts his pants and the waist band slips under the belt and it looks like a 10 yr old trying to wear his dads pants! I better go get ready for work. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!!

I know how you feel about being too cheap to buy new clothes... That is how I am.... My wife MAKES me buy new clothes. I would say don't worry too much about the scale if your form is changing to the way you want. I am up 5lbs from 2 weeks ago but it is the kind of weight I need:)

My only recommendation would be to eat a real breakfast first thing in the morning when you wake up. This jump starts that metabolism. As for Coffee ........ I used to drink 3-4 cups every morning... I don't drink any at all anymore....:p "Coffee is associated with a lot of behaviors known to cause weight gain, like sleeplessness and stress." Other people have found they gained weight when drinking coffee regularly, but just couldn't imagine the connection. Even though coffee is a stimulant, it increases your appetite in the end."

tell your husband to go get some new pants:p

Love, love, love my zumba class. It was great fun. Got the giggles first 10 minutes on how uncoordinated I am-lol. No wonder I was never a dancer, can't get the groove! I could really feel it in my legs yesterday. Felt better today so went and worked out on the treadmill, added some uphill got a good 45 minutes in.

Since I changed my eating habits, I haven't been eating too much meat. Is that a bad thing? Been eating mostly fruits and vegs, but I still have the terrible munchy cravings at night. Anybody else having this problem? Anybody have any good ideas for me?

Love, love, love my zumba class. It was great fun. Got the giggles first 10 minutes on how uncoordinated I am-lol. No wonder I was never a dancer, can't get the groove! I could really feel it in my legs yesterday. Felt better today so went and worked out on the treadmill, added some uphill got a good 45 minutes in.

Since I changed my eating habits, I haven't been eating too much meat. Is that a bad thing? Been eating mostly fruits and vegs, but I still have the terrible munchy cravings at night. Anybody else having this problem? Anybody have any good ideas for me?

Red meats have more fats, Chicken and tuna and fish are good:) Not fried of course :p

Cindy, so sorry to hear about your dog. That makes me so sad. :(

Lisa, at night we like the brown rice cakes with peanut butter. The rice cakes have no gluten, no sugar, no salt (I think that's right). They are really good with p/b! Or apples with p/b. I think it is the p/b that satisfies my nighttime sweet craving.

I have the Zumba DVD's, have had them for a while. I laugh at myself too - NO RHYTHM!

Down 2 lbs this week. :)

Have a great week all!!

B

Cindy, so sorry to hear about your dog. That makes me so sad. :(

Lisa, at night we like the brown rice cakes with peanut butter. The rice cakes have no gluten, no sugar, no salt (I think that's right). They are really good with p/b! Or apples with p/b. I think it is the p/b that satisfies my nighttime sweet craving.

I have the Zumba DVD's, have had them for a while. I laugh at myself too - NO RHYTHM!

Down 2 lbs this week. :)

Have a great week all!!

B

Can you get me a recipe of how to make those brown rice cakes?

Archived