Anybody want start with me today 7/16

JackieH

Cindy - I'm so sorry about your loss. I hope you are doing well. I wish you the best in this difficult time.

Brandy - The rice cakes are a good idea. I love peanut butter. Did you buy the rice cakes or did you make them?

My weigh in was good news. Down 2lbs, so now I'm under 194lbs!!!:D

Have a good week everyone, stay strong.

The rice cakes are Lundberg Family Farms. I looked on their website under products, then eco farmed rice cakes. I bought the Eco-Farmed Brown Rice Cakes, Salt Free. The website is just lundberg dot com. Hope you can find them in your area! :)

Hi Everyone, sorry....I've not been around much lately...so much going on! I went to two very good interviews this week and am praying that one of the two positions will be for me.

Cindy, hang in there, so sorry to hear about your doggy. I know you had to be heartbroken.

Lisa, Good going girl! Glad you all like the Zumba!

With all the mess here at the house on a kitchen remodel and other things going on, I will be the first to admit I became a Super Slacker when it comes to my exercising, walking and eating right. Kinda hard to eat right (I did try to stay with healthier stuff though) when there is no fridge or stove, cabinets or anything in the kitchen! The process took far longer than I had anticipated, but by doing all the tear out and install of cabinets and counter top, mudding the walls, priming and everything...staining the cabinets and painting....good Lord! What was I thinking!

But it's looking good now! Only a few touch ups here and there with painting. And by getting everything on sale or at the local ReStore, and doing the work ourselves, the left over $ in the budget was a nice treat! Mo money for my cruise in 29 days! Whooo hooo.

Today will be the first day I will be walking and eating totally on track again, and I am so ready to be back on track. Everyone have a good weekend!

Good morning all! I am the same this week, no gain no loss. I am surprised because I am having a bit of a personal issue...too long to explain but the basics are, my dad is getting married next weekend. It is up in Oregon so I will be driving up Sat and will stay with my brother and his family, then coming home after the wedding Sun. There is a lot of drama around the wedding, but I am just trying to pray, and pray that I keep my mouth shut!! :D My brother and I are both really upset over the whole thing, but we are both praying for strength and silence on our part. We want to support our dad, but man...it is getting harder everyday. So, I bring this up because I have had two very close friends this week. When I get upset I turn to them, my beloved Ben & Jerry. :eek:

Good luck to all this week - I know I need it along with a hefty dose of willpower and a sprinkling of Divine Intervention would be nice too! :)

Brandy

Brandy - glad to hear that you didn't gain, especially with the sounds of everything that your going through right now. I hope all goes well with your Dad's wedding. I'm glad you'll be staying with your family and hopefully you and your brother can give each other comfort. Hang in there!!

KCMarie - I hope you got some good news and got one of the jobs you interviewed for-wishing you well and good success.

I weighed in today down just a little .6

I started my vacation on Friday & I've gotten 3 calls from work already to come in and help out. Uggg. I didn't do it, just need a break. Not really going anywhere just hanging around the house trying to get it back in some sort of order... I also haven't been working out like I was before, but I'm still doing my Zumba once a week.

Have a good week everyone!:)

Lisa - great job keeping up with Zumba! There is a girl here who is a certified zumba instructor...if you have any questions I would be happy to ask her on your behalf. :)

Marie - Keep us posted on your job situation!

My brother and I talked Sunday and we both found out new stuff that the other didn't know making this whole wedding seem like such a farce and a royal pain in the rear for us. But...I am staying with him, doing some baking with my girls (I call his daughters my girls :p) and then we will go to the wedding, and leave after. I have to drive 8 hours home (at 6pm on a Sunday night!) and my brother has to drive 2 hours and the girls have school early the next morning. It will be quick, if not totally painless.:rolleyes:

More later - Time for me to get off work! Yeah! Have a great night all!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

B

Hi there to all my weight loss buddies!!!:)

Weigh in day yesterday gained 1 pound - uggg!! I know I haven't been good since I've been on vacation. The weather here has been great so we've been cooking out on the grill - burgers, ribs, porkchops. Yummy. I did my walk yesterday and my zumba class tonight. So, hopefully I'll be able to keep it up for the rest of the week and the scale will be kind.

My vacation is officially over and I start back to work tomorrow night. Not really looking forward to it.

How's everyone else doing?

I thought I should check in. Got in at 4am Monday morning, and my ankles were so swollen the whole weekend so I didn't weigh in with all the water weight. I measured my ankles though because they were the biggest they have ever been --11 3/4 inches! :eek: My legs were swollen too. They went down a lot today. The wedding was ok. My brother and I were very nice and didn't let on how we felt, so in that sense it went well. My dad is happy and in the end that is all that matters.

This is our last week of P90X - the first round. We will start it over and go until our cruise.

Yesterday I went to the dr and now will do an ultra sound in a couple of weeks, and maybe a laporoscopy to take a peek inside. I have abdominal pain that is constant and she wants to check for endometriosis or whatever else may be causing it. I was home today - slept until 1pm as I had a migraine and am still catching up from all the driving this weekend.

Hope all is well. I am going to dig my heels in and try and finish this week with a bang! :)

Good luck to all!

Brandy

Hey Brandy, so sorry to hear about your swelling and not feeling on top of your game! It'll pass too, hang in there! Glad the wedding and trip are over now and you can relax, wish you all the best with your ultrasound and whatever else is necessary.

Good news here, not only did I get a job but when I went for the physical yesterday, I lost 2 pounds! Whhooooo hooooooo! Super sweet surprise there!

I start working Monday, Oct 18 and they know I have a cruise scheduled for two weeks after I start. They were fine with it and I am so relieved! I am working for the same company (different division) that I was laid off from in July, so all my paid time off, sick leave and stuff stay the same, I keep my original start date of Jan 20, 1992! Love seniority! I am so thrilled to be back working.

Indeed, I am blessed!

Hey there everyone! Weighed in yesterday lost 3lbs!!! I'm so happy! 190's are no more (just barely, lol)

Hope everyone has a good week. Everybody must be busy, haven't heard from anyone in awhile. Hang in there. We can do this. I hope everyone is healthy!!!

Hey there everyone! Weighed in yesterday lost 3lbs!!! I'm so happy! 190's are no more (just barely, lol)

Hope everyone has a good week. Everybody must be busy, haven't heard from anyone in awhile. Hang in there. We can do this. I hope everyone is healthy!!!

Excellent! that is always a great feeling:) I made it back from the cruise only gaining 2 pounds.... I thought that was not too bad :D

Hobbsie20 - Way to go, I hope I can do that on my cruise! How was the Liberty? Never cruised Carnival, but have been considering a short one in Feb or March. I've seen lots of good reviews on the Liberty.

Wow the Liberty was %110 percent of what I expected. Great diversity in crowd, great entertainment, food, service. I have onl ybeen on Royal Carribean and Princess and I choose Carnival Liberty. we met up with about 40 friends we met on CC. Great times. We are already planning our next trip together.

Hi to All,

Hobbsie20 - I wish I could have gone with you on that cruise. Sound like you guys had a great time!

Weigh in was yesterday. Stayed the same, oh well, at least I didn't gain this week!!! Does anybody have any good low fat receipes that they've tried out lately? I'm so tired and bored of making the same old things!!

I hope everyone is doing well. Have a good week.

Hanging head.....sorry all, been occupied and pre-occupied!

Cruise is 5 days away, started a new job last Thursday. Wow....it's great to be employed again, but oh my....quite physical. Standing 3 -5 hours at a time, half hour lunch, sometimes a quick morning break. LOL, forgot some of the parts of my body that are waking up and saying 'hey you, do you think these bones and joints are youngins any more?'. LOL

Congrats Lisa on the loss, you are going right on down! No problem one week of staying the same, you are right, it was not a gain!

Welcome back Hobbsie, good job on only gaining two pounds! Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

Take care everyone!

Ok, it's 10 o'clock at night. And I totally have the night munchies. I'm not going to fail tonight. I've got my mind dead set against eating any of my lovely munchies that I might have left over from halloween!!! I've drank glasses of water, so I'm staying strong. Sorry, but I just had to vent a little and tell someone. The house is totally quiet, everybody went to bed early tonight. It's only me and the dog. And trust me, he's no help, he's always right there to help me with the snacking! lol

Take care everybody! And by the way, forgot to weigh in this week. It's been totally crazy around here. I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all - sorry I haven't been around. Life has been crazy! I was getting frustrated with my lack of weight loss - staying within a pound of where I last posted which I think was down 24 lbs...if not, that is where I ended up plateauing - could not break that plateau. We finished the first 90 days of P90X, then started again until our cruise last week. I weighed before we left and was up 2 lbs from my lowest point (so overall down 22 lbs). I weighed when we got back to check the damage, and was down 8 pounds! :D I couldn't believe it! I ate so much bread, butter, cheesecake, etc that I weighed twice to make sure. We are taking this week off, starting back up on the program next Monday. Good luck to all and congrats on the losses and/or no gains posted since I have been gone. :)

Still having edema issues (water retention) and migraines, and abdominal pain, but just dealing with it. No laporoscopy scheduled yet - doc is booked out at least 6 months and said she'd call when she can get me in.

The loss from the cruise has really got me excited and willing to get back on track so come next Monday - it is full speed ahead! WE CAN DO THIS!! :D

Brandy

Archived