Anybody want start with me today 7/16

JackieH

Okay, I would love to join your group, too. I also live in Plano, TX (small world!) and my name is Debbie. I guess I'm the grandma of this group at 62, but I really, really want to lose weight. I'm on quite a bit of medication, but I'm tired of using the meds as an excuse. I agree it is toooooo hot to do much outside, but I have the Wii Fit and Fitness Plus and have started using them again. I need to lose 30 pounds but would be thrilled with even 10...to start!;) Debbie

Hi Debbie-welcome to our group :)

Yes, this weather is something else. Although in Va beach it does get hot during the summer, it is NOT normally this hot for so many days in a row. It is 7:35 now and still 96f out :cool:

I do love summer though. I have 6 dogs here, but it is so darn hot just to even take them out. ..sigh...I hate having excuses;)

Hey everyone,

I'm at work right now, I work 3rd shift. I did great all day (because I slept) then I had pizza (ate 3 slices & 2 breadsticks) before I came to work. And I didn't get my exercise in for the day. Feeling kinda down on myself. I've been doing so good all week. Weigh-in day is right around the corner:eek:

I saw this very cute sundress at the mall and oh I wish I could wear it for the cruise. Of course it didn't come in plus size. Even if it didn't it wouldn't look right on me. I got the "I hate my arms" in sleeveless clothes. Well maybe someday it will happen for me....

Hey everyone,

I'm at work right now, I work 3rd shift. I did great all day (because I slept) then I had pizza (ate 3 slices & 2 breadsticks) before I came to work. And I didn't get my exercise in for the day. Feeling kinda down on myself. I've been doing so good all week. Weigh-in day is right around the corner:eek:

I saw this very cute sundress at the mall and oh I wish I could wear it for the cruise. Of course it didn't come in plus size. Even if it didn't it wouldn't look right on me. I got the "I hate my arms" in sleeveless clothes. Well maybe someday it will happen for me....

Awww..dont beat yourself up over one day.. I am sure u will do fine at weigh in tomorrow.

What part of Illinois are you in? I grew up in the Chicago suburbs before moving to Va beach.

I hate my arms also. I NEVER wear sleavless shirts/dresses because of it. I also am funny when it comes to t-shirts(I live in t-shirts and shorts all summer). I have to get the t-shirts where the sleeves are longer and does not reveal any of the upper arm.

Funny though, I do wear a swimsuit that shows my big arms..but I guess I figure at the pool everybody is showing off parts they are not happy with LOL.. I dont know..but when it comes to everyday clothes.. I try to cover that up. Im strange, I know ;)

Hello all. My name is Monica I am 39 and I am single and I don't have any pets. I was faithful to the Gym from Feb- April. I just got back into it last Sunday I weighed in at 176 my goal is to lose 50 I'll settle for 40 my cruise isn't till Feb 11 so my PT says that it is a reasonable goal.

I went on my 3 mile bike ride this morning and will probably do it again later.

I am glad that I found this group. Talk to everyone later and on Monday evening.

Its not just for the cruise it is for life!!!

Keep your eyes on the prize that little sun dress!

Hello all. My name is Monica I am 39 and I am single and I don't have any pets. I was faithful to the Gym from Feb- April. I just got back into it last Sunday I weighed in at 176 my goal is to lose 50 I'll settle for 40 my cruise isn't till Feb 11 so my PT says that it is a reasonable goal.

I went on my 3 mile bike ride this morning and will probably do it again later.

I am glad that I found this group. Talk to everyone later and on Monday evening.

Its not just for the cruise it is for life!!!

Keep your eyes on the prize that little sun dress!

Hi Monica, welcome to our group. Great job on doing that 3 miles on teh bike. I am heading to the pool in a bit. Yesterday the water was so warm, it wasnt refreshing..but hey its outside, and its sunny and the sun makes me happy :)

Congrats, Weeza! I only lost .6 :(. It seems like I have gradually just gained and gained since I had my hysterectomy 20 years ago. I tried Medifast and although I followed it religiously (honest!) I only lost 10 or 12 pounds in 4.5 months. I was eating about 800 calories a day, exercising more and more and still didn't lose! After I returned to "normal" eating and my regular walking exercise, it all came back plus another 10 pounds. I tried Acai pills...nothing. Sigh...

I lost 3 pounds since last week. Honestly I am happy with it, but honestlY I dont know how it happened. I guess its the fact that I am just eating less, but still having my sweets:confused:. I am only exercising about 3-4 times a week. Funny when I am doing WW and exercising each and eveyrday for at least an hour, I would be lucky to lose one pound. Our bodies are funny things arent they?

Hi all! Welcome Debbie & Monica!

Lisa - there are going to be times that all of us probably "blow it" but the important thing is to not beat yourself up about it, but just try to get back to basics with your next meal. My husband and I are just wrapping up our first week of our program, but on Saturday we went to a family reunion, and we ate things that are not part of our program (potato salad, rice, chips & dip) but when we got home we still had our exercise dvd for that day to do, and we ate light at dinner. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Cindy - my favorite food group is CAKE!!! I know how hard it is to stay away from sugar. One thing we did here at work is decided that we would have cake only a couple of times a year instead of for every birthday (every month). So we had cake in July because we had 3 birthdays that month, and then we will have cake in December again when we have 3 birthdays.

I did my first weigh in today...lost 11 pounds! WHOO-HOO!! I know a lot is water weight...and I am a big girl so working out every day for at least one hour and eating (for the most part) healthier probably sent my body into shock! I didn't expect this result, nor do I expect it going forward, but it sure was nice to see on a Monday morning!! :)

Hi all! Welcome Debbie & Monica!

Lisa - there are going to be times that all of us probably "blow it" but the important thing is to not beat yourself up about it, but just try to get back to basics with your next meal. My husband and I are just wrapping up our first week of our program, but on Saturday we went to a family reunion, and we ate things that are not part of our program (potato salad, rice, chips & dip) but when we got home we still had our exercise dvd for that day to do, and we ate light at dinner. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Cindy - my favorite food group is CAKE!!! I know how hard it is to stay away from sugar. One thing we did here at work is decided that we would have cake only a couple of times a year instead of for every birthday (every month). So we had cake in July because we had 3 birthdays that month, and then we will have cake in December again when we have 3 birthdays.

I did my first weigh in today...lost 11 pounds! WHOO-HOO!! I know a lot is water weight...and I am a big girl so working out every day for at least one hour and eating (for the most part) healthier probably sent my body into shock! I didn't expect this result, nor do I expect it going forward, but it sure was nice to see on a Monday morning!! :)

Wow 11 pds is an awesome weight loss!! It would take me more then a month to lose that much weight..GREAT JOB!!

Thanks Jackie! :) I am sure that is just the week one water loss...but I have to say that it really gave me motivation to stick with the program. I didn't think doing this together with my husband would work out, but it really holds us both accountable so it is actually working better than I had hoped...a couple of little "issues" but nothing major.

The first "weight" night he grabbed his weights and I grabbed the bars for my weights, he told me he would put 5 lbs on each bar. I said no, the 3 lb bars are fine for me to start (I get worn out from using my arms all by themselves, a 3lb bar was MORE THAN ENOUGH!). He said oh, ok, I'll just put the 2.5 lb weights on then. I said NO! NO WEIGHTS. So...the next day when he couldn't bring his cigar to his face to enjoy it...and I didn't have the same mobility issues...I said perhaps he might have used too much too soon? :p

Everyone did such a great job this week! Keep up the great work. And 11 lbs just one word - Fabulous :D

I'm located in Peoria Illinois. It's about 200 miles south of Chicago. The weather is great today. Not too humid. So, I'm headed out for a walk. I don't have to work tonight, so no excuses.

Have a good night and stick with your weight loss plans!:)

Everyone did such a great job this week! Keep up the great work. And 11 lbs just one word - Fabulous :D

I'm located in Peoria Illinois. It's about 200 miles south of Chicago. The weather is great today. Not too humid. So, I'm headed out for a walk. I don't have to work tonight, so no excuses.

Have a good night and stick with your weight loss plans!:)

Good job for going for your walk.Hopefully I will head out a little later for my walk. I am waiting on somebody to come and meet one of the foster dogs here.

Hi everyone!! Just checking in. How are things going today?

I woke up super hungry, but had a protein bar and am now eating lunch - turkey sandwich (no cheese), cottage cheese and grapes.

Last night we did the first DVD (cycled through and back to DVD 1) and we took notes on how many reps of each exercise we did, and we both did more than last week and strangely, even after just one week, we both felt much stronger. I have to say this program is pretty cool! I knew I felt better each time I worked out, but until I did the same DVD again I didn't realize the change in my physical abilities. Anyway...I was happy to notice the change!

Well...Happy Tuesday!! :)

Lisa Deb and Jackie AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! NO MATTER WHAT THE AMOUNT IS I SAY AWESOME!

Gonna be hitting the gym in the am for my hour work out there then have to hit the trails with the bike for 3 miles(3-4 miles) this whole week so far so good weigh in on Friday. Hope I see more results

Thanks for the welcomes!!

Hi all, congrats on the losses! I weighed in yesterday, only 1/4 lb this week. Better than gaining 1/4 lb! I think it was the homemade spinach & artichoke dip with chips my daughter in law brought over sunday night. LOL. Good luck this week everyone!

Hi there, seems like we are all doing well :)...I know the small losses dont seem much, but they add up to one big loss.

Did anybody make any new goals this week? I am good at drinking water, I drink it all day long and always have a bottle of water with me at my computer desk at home(Where I spend a lot of time;))and upstairs by my bed. My goal this week is to exercise at least 4 times this week. In a perfect world I would say I will exercise 7 days a week. BUT.. I know myself, so I figure if I say 4 and get more then great. Yesterday I did two walks which felt great. The weather was a little cooler, but it was cloudy/overcast out all day so it made for great walking weather.

Hello All.

Went into work a little earlier So ill be hitting the gym in a little while. Then the bike trail I hope, if the heat dont kill me, humidity is coming back today.grrrr.

Jackie-I know the small losses dont seem much, but they add up to one big loss.

That is so true!

Jackie - In a perfect world I would say I will exercise 7 days a week.

I just want to say also with the above statement (and we wont cheat) but your right we all know ourselves and we know our limititations and our goals!!

Keep up the good work all!!!

Sounds like everyone is doing a great job so far. I got my walk in early today. It's going to get up to 101 today. I pushed myself a little bit farther today. Walked down the hill instead of turning around at the top. I did ok, just reminded myself to breathe, but I can feel it in my legs already. lol.

Question for everybody - What do you do to warm up before your exercise and cool down after and for how long? I don't really think I'm doing this properly. I just stretch my legs before my walks, then I don't really cool down at all.

Have a great day and I hope everyone tries to stay cool, it's gonna be a hot one!

Hi all! Happy Wednesday! For warm ups and cool downs I follow the DVD, but it is a series of stretches, standing and with your left hand grab your left ankle to stretch the front of your thighs, and same for other thigh. Then put your feet in a wide stance, hang down with legs straight to do the back of your legs, then bend one knee for calves - then straighten and bend other knee. We also do arm swings (large circles that start with arm straight up over your head). There are others just can't think of them now. :)

Last night was plyometrics again...ladies this time it really kicked my butt! We had to start late as I have bible study on Tuesday nights, so got going around 9:40pm...probably why it seemed so much harder! I was a huffin and a puffin! :eek: It felt so good to go outside afterwards and cool down!!

Archived