I got my Platinum membership today!

Kaibigan

Cloudmaster,

We also just went to platinum on our January 2005 cruise. This week we received a letter from RCI congratulating us on reaching the platinum level. On the back page of the letter it states what the differences are between gold, platinum, diamond and diamond plus.

msts

What do I do after I get to Diamond? Is there any real advantage to any of this??

I have to do a land vacation sometime!! I want to go to Scotland to visit the land my ancesters owned years ago. (I'm a descendant of the 5th Laird of Torfoot, and have some very interesting ancesters. It would be nice to visit the place where so much history took place! And you just can't do that from a cruise ship!! :( )

What do I do after I get to Diamond? Is there any real advantage to any of this??

I have to do a land vacation sometime!! I want to go to Scotland to visit the land my ancesters owned years ago. (I'm a descendant of the 5th Laird of Torfoot, and have some very interesting ancesters. It would be nice to visit the place where so much history took place! And you just can't do that from a cruise ship!! :( )

I will be platinum after my cruise in April. Taking a land vacation-African Safari-in July and then a cruise in September. looking forward to Platinum but will continue to cruise and take land trips. Love both and they both offer different vacations.

Norma

Congratulations!!! I became Platinum my last cruise. The coupons get a little better. I got five more minutes on the internet....one free glass of wine....buy one get one free photo (& not of the ship :) I was unable to use many of the other perks because I was the only one in our group that is Platinum....oh, well!!!

Another advantage of platinum is IN ADDITION to the coupons in the C&A magazine for discounts on specified cruise dates/ships you will be eligible for additional $$ off balcony or higher rooms. We were able to get this for our April cruise. You have to tell your TA when the reservations are made. It's a great bonus.

We like to combine land & cruise vacations - do a week or so on our own & then take a cruise (or vice versa). Depending on how much vacation time (and money, oh, that) you have, of course, you could visit your ancestors in Scotland & then do a British Isles cruise out of London. Just a thought...:D

We have Australia & New Zealand on our must-do list. I think at our age (50-something), land is the way to go. We want to hike the Milford Track & that takes a few days.

So much to see, so little time...

Archived