La Romana, DR by scooter...what is there to do?

Crazeecat5

Hi all,

I will be on the Carnival Miracle in March, which will stop at La Romana, and am wondering what there is for me to do there. I use a scooter but can walk a little and climb up and down some steps. My able bodied husband will be there to help me, if needed.

Does anyone know of any tours that I can go on? We will be "beaching it" at our other ports of call, so was hoping for a land tour.

Thanks everyone!:D

There are a lot of modern resorts in that area, which I am most certain will be friendly to scooter and wheelchair users alike, but I have heard (never been) that Altos de Chavon is worth seeing. It is newer, so it should have some accessibility.

There are a lot of modern resorts in that area, which I am most certain will be friendly to scooter and wheelchair users alike, but I have heard (never been) that Altos de Chavon is worth seeing. It is newer, so it should have some accessibility.

I would love to do Altos de Chavon but I heard it was all cobblestones and not very scooter friendly. Anyone know if this is so?

Archived