B2B and turning diamond Question ??

I know I have seen threads on this very topic and I must admit, I don't really want to search for them.

We are preparing for cruise #8 in Aug. That leasves us 2 away from Diamond.

So, my question is; If we were to book a B2B in a junior suite, would that gives us the two credits we need for Diamond. Then can we book the second leg in the same junior suite as Diamond members??

I know there are alot of seasoned cruisers out there that have more knowledge than I, and have maybe been in this senerio and can offer some advice.

Thank You One and All :confused:

We reached platinum in the middle of a b2b. On the first day of the second half, we went to the Loyalty Ambassador and she gave us Platinum booklets and pasted a platinum sticker on our cards. We did not get pre-cruise benefits though.

We are doing a B2B on SOS 10/3 & 10/10. We will be platium on first cruise and diamond on second cruise, but when we booked we only got platium discount for both cruises since we were not diamond until second cruise. Does this make sense?? After first week we will go to LA and get our diamond Sign and Sail card. No big deal to us as we just love cruising whatever our status!!

We are doing a B2B on SOS 10/3 & 10/10. We will be platium on first cruise and diamond on second cruise, but when we booked we only got platium discount for both cruises since we were not diamond until second cruise. Does this make sense?? After first week we will go to LA and get our diamond Sign and Sail card. No big deal to us as we just love cruising whatever our status!!

You are entitled to the diamond discount for your second cruise, that is if you booked a balcony or higher category.

Unfortunately you do not earn your credit towards your Diamond level until you have completed your cruise and the credit is entered into the system and that is the reason you could not get your Diamond balcony discount when you booked your consecutive cruise.

After the completion of your first cruise you can go and see the LA and she will put a blue sticker over Platinum on your SetSail Pass that will say Diamond Member. You can also exchange your Platinum coupon books for Diamond books at this time also.

Don't hold your breath. :cool: Two years ago we turned Diamond in November but were not recognized as such on a cruise 4 weeks later. The "computer" did not have us updated in the system and the LA on the second cruise would not help us citing that "if it ain't in the computer, it don't count."

Maybe now the "computer" system is more timely. Hopefully, being on a BTB with the same LA might carry some weight.

Don't hold your breath. :cool: Two years ago we turned Diamond in November but were not recognized as such on a cruise 4 weeks later. The "computer" did not have us updated in the system and the LA on the second cruise would not help us citing that "if it ain't in the computer, it don't count."

Maybe now the "computer" system is more timely. Hopefully, being on a BTB with the same LA might carry some weight.

They've gotten better at updating their records......only takes about 10 days now.:D

Actually, if you are headed out on a cruise before the computer has a chance to catch up with you, bring your Seapass cards from the previous cruise to show to the LA.

This would be very important, say if you are about to cruise on your 30th cruise, you would be entitled to a cruise block...a very nice crystal of the ship that you are aboard.

If you just came off of another ship, and the computer does not show it, you can show your Seapass card to the LA and be able to get your crystal block.

I realize that the question was in regard to a B2B situation.....but someone before me brought up being recognized (or not) for previous cruises. I hope this helps.:)

Rick

Archived