weather in western caribbean in november?

taliacamp

Hello, taking a 7 night cruise to Western Caribbean on November 14 on the Glory. I've never cruised this time of year. Has anyone cruised this itinerary in November? Will I see lots of sun? (Hopefully!) and is the water normally rough?

Thanks!!

I was on the Conquest out of Galveston this last Nov 1-7. We had perfect weather except in Cozumel where it was cloudy with short showers. It was humid and I wore shorts and a tank the entire day. We had a late tropical depression chasing us back home so waters were a little rough on Friday night, but nothing a little medicine couldn't handle. :p Other than that we had nothing but sun and warm weather!! Oh, and the water temps were great in Jamacia and Grandy Cayman!! Hope this helps a little!

It's beautiful! Compared to the summer (May-Sept or so), the humidity is much lower. (Not sure about cruising, tho, I'm referring to staying in resorts on those islands you mention).

Personally, this is the time of year I would do shore excursions such as Tulum.

Bon voyage, have a wonderful time! :)

The weather will be in the lower to mid 80s, you are pretty much out of rainy season (although you still can get the occasional rain in the late afternoon) and the sailing on the gulf and caribbean is usually smooth as silk....

november and december are the perfect time for cruising that area, imo.....

Weather is always a crap-shoot because you'll be at the tail end of hurricane season. We cruised the first week of November 2009. First half of the week was sunny and warm. The skies started darkening from Tropical Storm Ida who was determined to become a hurricane. We made all of our ports - Costa Maya, Belize, Cozumel, Grand Cayman - but our last day was all rain and rough seas.

When my husband and I booked the cruise, I asked him, "So if it rains the entire week, are you going to be okay with that?" God love him. He has my traveling attitude. He replied, "We're going to be a cruise ship, woman. Of course I'l okay with it!".... :p

~ Sheryl

Hello, taking a 7 night cruise to Western Caribbean on November 14 on the Glory. I've never cruised this time of year. Has anyone cruised this itinerary in November? Will I see lots of sun? (Hopefully!) and is the water normally rough?

Thanks!!

Was reading thru the threads and noticed you are cruising with us in November. If your interested we have a thread for this cruise under Carnival Roll Calls under Carnival Glory, just look for the Nov 14th date. The thread hasn't been to busy yet but hoping it will liven up as we get closer to the sail date. Just a thought! Happy Sailing! :)

Was reading thru the threads and noticed you are cruising with us in November. If your interested we have a thread for this cruise under Carnival Roll Calls under Carnival Glory, just look for the Nov 14th date. The thread hasn't been to busy yet but hoping it will liven up as we get closer to the sail date. Just a thought! Happy Sailing! :)

Thanks! I will definately do that!!

It's the caribbean it is going to be HOT! My wife and I have always sailed on our cruises in October and beginning of November. We have always had great weather during our cruise. We did get a little wave action for a hurricane during our second cruise and a little wind on the first day of our last cruise. We think it is a great time to cruise. The normal windy season is the first of the year for the caribbean. Enjoy you cruise!

Archived