Millennium Cabin Question???

martyap

Looking to book a March, Southern Caribbean cruise on the Millie. First X experience. I know the ship is older and the cabins smaller but the reviews are generally favorable.

A 2A balcony is pricing out $450 more per person than C2. Any thoughts on whether the $900 is money well spent? Is the 2A at least laid out well despite it's smaller 170 sq. ft? I'm looking at a midship 2A on deck 7 as a possibility.

Marty

I would not want to pay more for a 2A over a C2 especially if the C2 is on Deck 8. Getting the C2 saves you money and gets you a larger cabin and Concierge Class perks. Win-win. Initially the C2 cabins price out higher than the 2A cabins but as the supply of these cabins change during the course of the booking period, the prices will vary.

The 2A cabins are laid out well in my opinion.

By the way, our last cruise was aboard Millennium and we absolutely loved the ship.......

I am sailing on this ship next may, 2011. We are in a disabled room on deck 7 - vista

After looking at some of the pics of the outside of the ship, and one someone took from their deck seven balcony...it looks like the life boats block the view down to the water close to the ship... Has anyone found this to be a problem??

I am sailing on this ship next may, 2011. We are in a disabled room on deck 7 - vista

After looking at some of the pics of the outside of the ship, and one someone took from their deck seven balcony...it looks like the life boats block the view down to the water close to the ship... Has anyone found this to be a problem??

We have been on deck 7 a few times on m-class ships and yes, it is obstructed to the water, but never presented a problem. Remember, you are suppose to look "out" not "down"!!!!

I think you should go to Celebrity.com and look at deck plans. I recently went cc on the panorama deck midship and now I am hooked. I love the bigger room mostly. I don't think I can go back to 170 sq. ft. unless it is a super bargain. I am booked in 8100 next year and I'm thrilled. Also the larger verandahs on 7 Vista deck are aft and probably already taken. They are not cc. Call Celebrity and push a little.

Bon Voyage

Thanks for the advice.....I ended up selecting 7163 aft.......170 square footer but a larger balcony. Just did not see how CC2 was worth $900 more:eek:.....$4-500 maybe. I'll keep eyeballing to see if the price drops. For now I'm happy with the selection.......Marty

Is there someone who could either explain the different cabin classes or point me in the direction where I can learn? I'm booked on the Millennium in a 2C on deck 7 but in reading here I see all sorts of different cabin classes mentioned.

Is there someone who could either explain the different cabin classes or point me in the direction where I can learn? I'm booked on the Millennium in a 2C on deck 7 but in reading here I see all sorts of different cabin classes mentioned.

The different staterooms are described on Celebrity's website http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/ship.do;jsessionid=0000sextgDNQJSdfWDy4peSCZJl:12hdbcuh7?shipCode=ML&cS=SIDENAV

and in their brochures. Generally speaking the cabins within a certain class are more or less the same but the different levels reflect their location on the ship. See the deck plans at this location as well.

Hi, we were on Infinity last year and Summit year before. Have had 7139 and 6105 and the views were fine, so do not worry. We are going on Constellation next week and could only get 6109, so do hope all is well with that . Will write when we get home

I just checked with Celebrity online and they still have cabin 7173 (port) and 7176 (starboard) available on your sailing of March 28...These verandas on these cabins are approx. twice as deep as the regular verandas. If I were you I would call my TA & change my cabin from a triangular one to either one of these as they are even deeper all around...Of course they are situated a little more to the back near the concierge class.. I have changed my cabin also.I will have 7173 on my upcoming cruise which is in that area.Have fun on your cruise. :)

I'm planning to book a cruise on the Millenium next May, and was wondering if someone who has sailed in a concierge class on her could describe what perks you actually received and how this compares to what is listed on the celebrity site. Thank you!

The different staterooms are described on Celebrity's website http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/ship.do;jsessionid=0000sextgDNQJSdfWDy4peSCZJl:12hdbcuh7?shipCode=ML&cS=SIDENAV

and in their brochures. Generally speaking the cabins within a certain class are more or less the same but the different levels reflect their location on the ship. See the deck plans at this location as well.

No quite what I was looking for but thanks for the response.

Archived