What To Do In Cabo San Lucas?

or at any of the other stops for the Mexican Riviera...Mazatlan? Puerta Vallarta? Would you recommend the shore tours offered or ideas for going on our own...we will be honeymooning, so romantic ideas are perfectly acceptable!

Sun

I went to Riviera on Carnival Pride. In Cabo you should definitely go to Lovers Beach. You don't have to take an excursion, you can take a water taxi(they are readily available when you get off of the tenders) it was only a couple of dollars. It is beautiful there and you can also rent snorkel equipment(I had my own so I don't know how much it costs) We also went to Cabo Wabo for the best tequila, shopped, and went to another restaurant that was waterfront. In Mazatlan we also did our own thing. We took a taxi to the Golden Zone for $10. There is a lot of shopping there and there was a hotel with a sign that said "welcome cruise ship passengers" on the building. we gained free beach access there and you could also use the hotel's bathrooms and pool. In PV we took a ship excursion "Yelapa beach and snorkel"-it took us to 2 snorkel sites and also to a beach for an hr or so which included lunch and unlimited drinks

My husband and I will also be cruising the Mexican Riveria on the Vision of the Seas in December and while we are not on our honeymoon, we don't have kids and are also looking for romantic as well as fun excursions. We are not "lay on the beach" kind of people but we are not really sportsmen either. We enjoy sightseeing. Also, any first hand experience on the ship would be great as not a lot of peopl seem to talk about this one.

Thanks,

Hilary

Cruisin' to Mexico on the Vision of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;12;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

NCL Star - 1/4/04

RCCL Grandeur of the Seas - 6/21/98 (Free!!)

Thanks for the input! In Puerto Vallarta we were thinking of doing the Rhythm of The Night excursion...anyone done that? And for Cabo Wabo, do you just tell the taxi to take you there?

Sun

We were just on the Vision a few weeks ago. In PV we did the Rhythms of the Night. It was absolutely wonderful! A nice hour long catamaran ride out to Las Caletas Hideaway, then a beautiful torch lit beach w/ tables for 2 , a nice and yummy candlelit dinner. We had some time to explore and lay around in hammocks before the folkloric show. Then the ride back was so romantic, even though there are a bunch of people, we just felt like we were all alone, the moon was shining and the stars were sparkling and they had slow romantic music for dancing out on the open deck. We have been married almost 20 years (gosh), but this was still as romantic as ever, I would highly reccommend it. If you are the adventurous type, think about doing the jungle canopy tour in PV also. We did that in the morning, and still had plenty of time to walk around, shop, etc, then go back to clean up before the night excursion. The canopy tur was so much fun, a little adreneline rush, but very much worth it! If you like horesback riding, we did Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan. It was just the two of us and another couple who happened to be on their honeymoon, along w/ 2 guides. Randi has a website, I'm not sure of the name, but you can check on the Port of Call board, maybe find it there. In Cabo we went on a Kayaking/Snorkeling trip. We kayaked out to Lands End and saw the Sea Lion colony, then we went to Lovers Beach and snorkeled. The snorkeling was not that good, compared to the Caribbean and Hawaii, but it was still afun trip. I'll be happy to answer any other questions that you have!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800 'til we sail away on the Vision

oh, that sounds like so much fun!!! we will definately have to do that excursion now! the jungle tour sounds like fun too. Thanks so much for the info, if I think of anything else I will post.

Sund

Thanks for the info. We were thinking of doing the Rhythms of the night as well, and now we will definitely do it!!

We were also thinking about snorkeling in Cabo but we have heard that the water is really cold. Did you find that to be the case?

Hilary

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;12;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

NCL Star - 1/4/04

Definitely go check out the ports of call boards. We have been doing a bit of chatting about some fun things.

We sail on Sunday and here is what we booked:

Cabo San Lucas - Only excursion we have booked thru RCCL. Fiesta Snorkel & Sail and then we will head to Cabo Wabo for a bite to eat and DRINK!

Mazatlan - Randi's Happy Horses! Highly recommended by ANYONE that has done it. She is a treat to email with and I cannot wait to meet her on Wednesday. Her website info can be found here:

http://www.mazinfo.com/horsebackride/index.htm

In Puerta Vallarta - we booked independently thru Los Veranos for the canopy tour ziplines. All accounts say it is better than the ship excursion and less expensive.

You can find them here:

http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/

Enjoy and definitely check out the ports boards. Read back a bit and you will find great reviews. The pirate ship is also popular in PV.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Legend of the Seas 06/13/04

<font color=purple>Viking Serenade 6/1992

</font>

Roll Call Legend of the Seas 06/13/04 Click Here!

Czarinahil when are you going your cruise. My wife and I will be on the Vison of The Seas on Dec. 5

summit 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;12;05;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Vision of the Seas

/05/2004bin/countdown.cgi?0ffff&cdt=2004;12;5;16;30;00&http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2003;10;31;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Hi Sund,

Cabo Wabo is owned by Sammy Hagar, and is supposed to be awesome. By the way I grew up in West Fargo. icon_biggrin.gif Graduated from high school there. My brother still lives in West Fargo, and works for McGarvey Coffee. We are going on Vision of the Seas in Oct. 20004 and can't wait. When is your cruise?

Lori

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;10;31;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Until our Oct 31st, 2004 Vision of the Seas Mexican Riveria Girl's Cruise!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2005;02;13;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Until our Feb 13th, 2005, Parents "80th" Birthday Cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas!!

Voyager of the Seas (Jan 2004)

Sovereign of the Seas (Feb 2003)

If you surf, go to a spot called "Zippers" (about 1/2 between Cabo and the airport). There is a surf shop across the steet (Costa Azul) who rent boards cheap. Nice little break. There is a overlook right above the spot. Great for pix and there is a guy that makes a coconut type treat from fresh coconuts. If you have time, you might want to rent a car (yes, it really is safe to drive in Mexico) and drive up the west coast. Some nice little towns along the way. The beachs on the west coast are nicer than the ones along the south. The southern ones have very course sand. And yes, Cabo Wabo, Senior Frogs and El Squids are all very fun.

Mark

Hi cruisefloozy!

We will be cruising October 17. Small world, you don't meet to many Fargo people on these boards! My fiance grew up in Moorhead, I moved here in 91. I finally got him hooked on cruising!

We will definately have to do cabo wabo now, it sure keeps coming up on here.

Sun

BudFred - My husband and I will also be on the December 5th cruise!!

Can't wait to see you there:-)

Hilary

NCL Star - 1/4/04

Well, we will probably check it out anyway, but I guess my hubby to be isn't a fan of sammy hagar...oh well, i will drag him there anyway!

I am hearing such mixed things about this particular cruise, that the mexican riviera is cooler, and not as pretty, but I don't know, sometimes its nice to change things up a bit. I've only been on Carnival in the caribbean, so it was due time. I've heard some negative things about the food with RCI, any feedback?

Sun

The water in Cabo is MUCH colder than in the Caribbean, of course I know this because I was PLUNGED into it by tipping out of the kayak. We did snorkel, the visibility wasn't that great.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800 'til we sail away on the Vision

it sounds like we are going to end up being beach bums! We don't snorkel, so that should work out just fine, but we do like hot weather. Hopefully it will cooperate!

Carnival Imagination '99

Carnival Imagination '01

Carnival Victory '02

Carnival Paradise '03

Vision Of The Seas -Oct '04

Archived