Sojourn,,,need advice as to booking for 2011

Just requested a brochure,,,thinking about May 2011 ,,for Norway fjiords....since this is new ship,,,,how far in advance to book for verandah suites....just got off Sea Dream,,,really missed a balcony so will look for new cruiseline...never been on SB before...but looks great and Sojourn getting good reviews here so far...any ideas???Do specials come up later on???:confused:

Normally you can get the best deals the earlier you book. Some itineraries sell at a much faster rate. The Sojourn has 6 classes of verandah cabins.

The difference between them is the location on the ship; deck, forward, aft, midships. All are exactly the same size. The V1+ cabins usually sell out before the V6. So, it comes down to a personal choice and economics. I like to book early and I have saved significantly compared to booking later.

if cabins same size,,will try less expensive,,,did you contact ship or use travel agent,,,,I usually do it all myself....ever hear how they handled cancellations with volcano>?Maybe should get cancel for any reason to be on safe side,,,but must pay at booking time....did you use their air arrangements??:confused:

I always use a travel agent for cruises. A good travel agent should be able to answer your questions and get the best price for you. Agents who specialize in cruises and do a large volume can offer discounts over and above what the cruise line is offering. Use a travel agent who has actually sailed on at least a few cruises and can tell the difference between the various ships. The Seabourn catalogue explains in detail when a how much of a deposit is required and what the penalties are in case of cancellation. One should always consider the purchase of insurance. The choice of air arrangements is another thing a travel agent can help you with.

Archived