Luggage delivery?

LuckyDogsV&E

I think I already posted a response to your question on another thread. But, you have to find out if the cruise line will accept shipped luggage. Many cruise lines do not as a part of their security measures. We've tried to ship for longer cruises on Celebrity and P&O, and they absolutely do not allow shipped bags.

If you can ship, you can go via a few ways. Fed Ex, UPS and DHL will all handle luggage shipping. All you need to do is go to your local stores for those companies and find out what they require. If you're shipping to or from a foreign port, you have to fill out Customs forms, and there is additional charges for that. It's also quite expensive to ship. Depending on the size and weight of the bags, and how far you're shipping, it can be more than $250/one way per bag, plus insurance. Then you have to find out the name and location of the local port agent for the ship. The bags have to be delivered to the port agent and they are the ones to deliver it to the ship. Some port agents charge to deliver the bags, and one time that charge to me was $75 per bag. So, you see, it's not cheap to ship bags.

Archived