grand princess in dry dock???

dksailaway

It is sometime in 2011, early spring sounds about right.

Hope thi is correct, we are booked on her Canary Island cruise out of Southampton June 4th 2011, This cruise will be even better with a freshly refurbished/refit.:)

• 4 weeks later...
Hope thi is correct, we are booked on her Canary Island cruise out of Southampton June 4th 2011, This cruise will be even better with a freshly refurbished/refit.:)

Just returned from a fantastic cruise on the Grand. She is having her refit in April 2011. However we didn't see much wrong with her as she was! However, I would love to see what she looks like after refit. Hope to see photos on CC.:)

Just returned from a fantastic cruise on the Grand. She is having her refit in April 2011. However we didn't see much wrong with her as she was! However, I would love to see what she looks like after refit. Hope to see photos on CC.:)

Excellent jojo, they sometimes post photo's of Drydock Refits on The Princess Web Site which are very interesting shows a day by day account.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.:)

Westham

Just had a look at the Princess boards and she's shown in drydock from 11th April till 5th May 2011 in Nassau.

We're on her on 15th June to the North Cape so we'll see whats been done but usually in a dry dock it'll be mostly exterior.

Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...

It'll be a full 75 million $ refit in addition to adding an International Cafe, Vines and new atrium. I was on her in July...and she was looking pretty good to me - even pre refit!!

So good...we have booked again for June 2011!!!

nerysj,

Thanks for the information on the refit, we are booked on the Grand a couple of cruises before you (June 4th 2011 round trip Southamton - Canary Islands) really looking forward to this cruise now we know this is a complete Bow to Stern refit!:)

nerysj,

Thanks for the information on the refit, we are booked on the Grand a couple of cruises before you (June 4th 2011 round trip Southamton - Canary Islands) really looking forward to this cruise now we know this is a complete Bow to Stern refit!:)

I would gladly return on the Grand...even if no refit.....so it's just a bonus that she is having one!

• 2 weeks later...
Just had a look at the Princess boards and she's shown in drydock from 11th April till 5th May 2011 in Nassau.

We're on her on 15th June to the North Cape so we'll see whats been done but usually in a dry dock it'll be mostly exterior.

Jimmy

We have just booked on the GP for the North Cape for next June so we look forward to

seeing her revamp.

Archived