Marina Transatlantic questions

AfriCan

We are considering a 16-night transatlantic cruise from Rome to Miami for Nov. 2011. Since this will be our first cruise on Oceania, I would appreciate insight w.r.t. some aspects of the planned cruise before booking:

1. How does the included air work? Does it fly us from our home (Vancouver) to Rome, and from Miami back to Vancouver, or is it only one-way to the departure point of the cruise?
  2. Will be booking into PH-category; I noticed that PH2 and PH3 are "wait listed" - what does this mean? what are our options in this case?
  3. What can we expect weather-wise from a late autumn/winter TA at the end of Nov.? The end-part in Bermuda should still be nice and warm?
  4. What laundry facilities will be on the Marina? I noticed that laundry is not included as a suite amenity.

All info would be greatly appreciated!

We are considering a 16-night transatlantic cruise from Rome to Miami for Nov. 2011. Since this will be our first cruise on Oceania, I would appreciate insight w.r.t. some aspects of the planned cruise before booking:
  1. How does the included air work? Does it fly us from our home (Vancouver) to Rome, and from Miami back to Vancouver, or is it only one-way to the departure point of the cruise?

The included air is round trip.

1. Will be booking into PH-category; I noticed that PH2 and PH3 are "wait listed" - what does this mean? what are our options in this case?

Waitlist means just what you think it would. You may put your name on a list to "wait" for a cabin to become available in that category. If you make a deposit at the time when you join the wait list, you are notified of an opening before those who have not put money down.

1. What can we expect weather-wise from a late autumn/winter TA at the end of Nov.? The end-part in Bermuda should still be nice and warm?

It will be very cool in Bermuda in the late Autumn. Think low 60's as a high. Gorgeous for golfing, but definately not beach weather.

1. What laundry facilities will be on the Marina? I noticed that laundry is not included as a suite amenity.

There will be self service launderettes on each "cabin deck".

Hope this helped!

Thanks for the quick reply, JimandStan. Might look into the golfing option in Bermuda. Was hoping for a bit of sunshine/heat, since we live in Vancouver, which will be pretty chilly by then.

Thanks for the quick reply, JimandStan. Might look into the golfing option in Bermuda. Was hoping for a bit of sunshine/heat, since we live in Vancouver, which will be pretty chilly by then.

The superb Golfing is one of the best reasons to visit Bermuda!

http://www.bermuda-online.org/golf.htm

If we may make a suggestion, why not ask the Concierge on the ship to arrange for a local member to sponsor you at Bermudas' MidOcean Club for the day?

The course is beyond sublime, and a smart cocktail, as served in their Clubhouse, is one of the most civilized of lifes' rituals.

Trust us, it's a day you'll be telling your friends about for years to come-

http://www.themidoceanclubbermuda.com/

We were on Regatta TA November 2008. In Bernuda on Nov 21. It was like a nice Spring day in Vancouver; bright & sunny. Probably wore a light jacket off and on. It was a very, very pleasant day for a walk along the (vacant!) beach.

Hmmm. I just checked some weather history. It reports "The 21st saw an increase in temperatures as winds swung around to the southwest ..." but just before that it was 55 and that was a record low.

Overall it reports: "The lowest daily high temperature of the month occurred on the 23rd with 64.2˚F"

So it is cold for some, the local may be wearing wearing coats, and for others (me) it was great. Granted not a hot summer's day on the beach but not gloomy, damp and cold.

[*]How does the included air work? Does it fly us from our home (Vancouver) to Rome, and from Miami back to Vancouver, or is it only one-way to the departure point of the cruise?

Oceania uses Lufthansa or Air Canada to fly you to Frankfurt, then connect to Rome. You can pay $100 per person for air deviation to get to Rome earlier, and you'll get your flight arrangement 270 days beforehand. That way, you can select your seats right away.

Hi, I'm also from Vancouver and I've used Oceania's air twice, both times for a TA from Miami to Barcelona. I'm planning to be on the Rome-Miami TA as we've already booked. I'm going to use their air, albeit I'll pay the deviation charges. I've found that this works quite well.

We are also booked on this cruise. Can anyone with experience on a similar cruise tell me when we are expected to arrive in Rome (flying in from Vancouver), if we do not opt for the air deviation?

Thanks.

We are also booked on this cruise. Can anyone with experience on a similar cruise tell me when we are expected to arrive in Rome (flying in from Vancouver), if we do not opt for the air deviation?

Thanks.

The Marina Sails at 9:00 PM from Civitavecchia, so they are going to put you on a flight which arrives in Rome either in late morning or mid day.

Oceania wants you on the ship 2 hours before boarding and, to allow for traffic, they presuppose that the transfer will take around 90 minutes.

Archived