Attn: NCL.... suggestion to solve bathroom 'issues'

sjbdtz

Quote:

Originally Posted by SueSea viewpost.gif

As one who travels with extended family, friends, and once with a cabin mate arranged by my TA, I dress in the traditional bathroom, as do the people I travel with. It's never been a problem for us.

I've seen this same idea expressed in a number of posts. I can certainly see why some don't need to dress in the bathrooms. I'm not sure why a number of people think that because they don't, no one else does. I don't have kids, but I can imagine that many teenagers don't want to dress in the cabin with family members of the opposite sex. Parents of teens may have the same reluctance.

That's why there's a curtain, separating the whole bathroom AREA, from the rest of the cabin.

My response was directed at the statement made by the person doubting that anyone gets dressed in traditional bathrooms. I've read that same thought a number of times. I was trying to clear up the mistaken perception that no one dresses in traditional bathrooms. The fact that Epic cabins have curtains isn't pertinent to where one chooses to dress in traditional cabin bathrooms.

Okay... the funny thing is, that the main point of this whole thread (which I started) was to say to NCL:

If you want to remove any smell issues, stop serving beans at Moderno.... :p

However, since the thread meandered on its own, let's try THIS as a way of solving the dreaded..... but I'm exposed if the hallway door opens.

Open the shower door. Look left, look right. If you see a curtain in one direction, and a door in the other....you're safe to exit the shower.

Now....take a step toward the door. This way, if someone tries to open it (btw...you'll hear their key in the lock), you can lean against it & say out loud "just a sec".

Many people will interpret this to mean "just a second", which in North American culture at least means "please wait".

You can then comfortably continue to dry-off and get dressed. Once you are suitably attired, retreat 1 step into the cabin, do an about-face, and open the door to the hallway.

This will fully expose the area you used in order to get dressed, however you need not be concerned any more....remember, you are suitably attired.

I must say that I did opt one evening to pop up to deck 15 and use the restroom by the pool rather than the one in my cabin. OD'ing on omlets and OJ made me question whether the exhaust fan would cry uncle and fail. I thought about doing the balcony door / cabin door exhaust blast but feared that the fire alarms in the hallway would be setoff.

As far as privacy, there was only one incident in our room. I came back from an ice cream run and opened my cabin door only to find my oldest son using the toilet. I could see that there was someone in it and the light was on but I didn't know it was him until he yelled at me for opening the door. Here's the issue and the only thing I truely disliked about the cabin... Even if the deadbolt is on (it's not really a deadbolt, but a lock of sorts), When I used my card to open the door, the lock opened as well. Seems like it may have been in error since there is no reason it should do this from the outside.

First of all, SDMike you are a riot.

I am (sadly) 1 day off the ship. There were zero concerns with the bathroom. I hope that I can correctly post this picture, because I specifically took one to show you cannot see anyone in the toilet from the hallway. Secondly, I too am perplexed as to why people show up in flash photos through the door, you CANNOT see them in the room... no clue as to why you can in pictures.

Please note the waving hand in the picture... there is a body attached to that hand, and that body is in the bathroom. I was standing in the hallway.

P8210071.jpg.e216a161c134ce0518f1b3c8bbc1bcbf.jpg

Archived