Questions about first cruise as a diabetic

joyy7403

I was just reading about asking for a sharps container for the lancets. Would I also throw the test strips in there also, or would they be alright being thrown in the trash? I don't know the proper disposal of them so I'm looking to all of you for advice. Thanks!:)

i usually just throw mine in the trash, but since there is blood on them (even in small amounts), i would think it would be best if you didn't put them in the waste bins in your room where the cabin steward might come in contact with them.

mind you, when i blow my nose or dispose of female things, they just go in the trash so i dunno....

i usually just throw mine in the trash, but since there is blood on them (even in small amounts), i would think it would be best if you didn't put them in the waste bins in your room where the cabin steward might come in contact with them.

mind you, when i blow my nose or dispose of female things, they just go in the trash so i dunno....

Good point. I'll just take a zip bag along to put them in & throw them away at the end of the cruise. I know I wouldn't want to touch someone else's test strips, I'll prevent that from happening. I always throw mine in the trash also, but it's just us two who handle the trash the trash at home, so it's not that important here. Thank you for your insight!

Archived