Prime Time Shuttle Service - LAX

Ramjet1997

Has anyone had any experience with Prime Time Shuttle Service at LAX? We have a reservation for a private van and I want to make sure that we have made a good decision for pickup and return to LAX after a cruise......I know about Super Shuttle but this outfit looks dependable also, and their rates are comparable - any thoughts or past experience observations would be greatly appreciated - thanks! And, HAPPY CRUISING!!

I've used both PrimeTime and SuperShuttle for trips to/from LAX (not from cruiseport - I live in LA), and have never had a problem with either. Just realize that you may make an extra loop before heading out of the airport if you catch them on their first time around and they're not yet full. Of course, the same goes for SuperShuttle as well. I've found PrimeTime to be a buck or two cheaper per person than SuperShuttle in general.

• 3 years later...

My experience with Prime Time Shuttle at LAX is as follow: On February 8. 2014, I made a reservation at Prime Time Shuttle for a shared van for my wife and I at 11:00 PM on March 30, 2014, from LAX to our home at Oceanside, CA. The reservation was made and the full price of $131.35 was prepaid at that time. The reservation was confirmed by email on that date.

On March 27, 2014 Prime Time Shuttle sent an email confirming the reservation.

On March 30, 2014, Prime Time Shuttle sent an email confirming the reservation.

On March 30, 2014, after traveling for thirty hours straight, we arrived at LAX. At 11:00 PM my wife and I found the Prime Time Shuttle representative at LAX. He said he did not yet have the van for our transportation, and we should wait. Shortly thereafter the representative left the Prime Time Shuttle pick up location at LAX. He told my wife and I that another employee of Prime Time Shuttle was taking over and would be with us shortly. That second employee then got into an electric car and drove away, leaving the Prime Time Shuttle pick up location at LAX unattended.

After waiting more that thirty minutes for someone to return to the pick up location, I telephoned the Prime Time Shuttle number 310 536 7922. The person who answered the phone took my information and said he would call back. About ten minutes later I received a telephone call from that person. He told me there was no van for our transportation, and my wife and I would have to find our own way home. He provided no suggestion, no alternatives, and no explanation for not providing the reserved transportation. He simply said he had no transportation available and how I got home was my problem.

The only transportation I was able to find at LAX after midnight was something called an “e Limo”. It cost me $250.00.

On April 1, 2014, Prime Time Shuttle returned the $131.35 payment I made on February 8, 2014 for the shuttle service they did not provide.

My experience with Prime Time Shuttle at LAX is as follow: On February 8. 2014, I made a reservation at Prime Time Shuttle for a shared van for my wife and I at 11:00 PM on March 30, 2014, from LAX to our home at Oceanside, CA. The reservation was made and the full price of $131.35 was prepaid at that time. The reservation was confirmed by email on that date.

On March 27, 2014 Prime Time Shuttle sent an email confirming the reservation.

On March 30, 2014, Prime Time Shuttle sent an email confirming the reservation.

On March 30, 2014, after traveling for thirty hours straight, we arrived at LAX. At 11:00 PM my wife and I found the Prime Time Shuttle representative at LAX. He said he did not yet have the van for our transportation, and we should wait. Shortly thereafter the representative left the Prime Time Shuttle pick up location at LAX. He told my wife and I that another employee of Prime Time Shuttle was taking over and would be with us shortly. That second employee then got into an electric car and drove away, leaving the Prime Time Shuttle pick up location at LAX unattended.

After waiting more that thirty minutes for someone to return to the pick up location, I telephoned the Prime Time Shuttle number 310 536 7922. The person who answered the phone took my information and said he would call back. About ten minutes later I received a telephone call from that person. He told me there was no van for our transportation, and my wife and I would have to find our own way home. He provided no suggestion, no alternatives, and no explanation for not providing the reserved transportation. He simply said he had no transportation available and how I got home was my problem.

The only transportation I was able to find at LAX after midnight was something called an “e Limo”. It cost me $250.00.

On April 1, 2014, Prime Time Shuttle returned the $131.35 payment I made on February 8, 2014 for the shuttle service they did not provide.

I had a really bad experience with them a few years ago and will not recommend them to anyone. They were supposed to pick us up from our house and take us to the port for our cruise. At the time that I had requested with no vehicle in front of our house, I called them and was told our driver was at the "harbor" waiting for us. When I talked to the supervisor, I was told there wasn't any vehicle nearby. She asked when was our sailing time. I swear I could have blown a gasket over that (and I'm usually pretty even tempered). I said we need to get there now (I said we were meeting someone there, but it was more that I didn't want to be still waiting for a vehicle hours later).

Finally a van pulled up. An hour late.

Then two weeks later, we got off the ship and we went up to their curbside rep and I gave him a copy of the original email confirmation we were sent (that had the correct info of where we were to be picked up on both dates). The rep couldn't find us listed. After I told him what happened two weeks before, he called his office (after dealing with a couple of other parties whose bookings were messed up!). The person on the other end said we were supposed to be at our house, as that's where the driver was, waiting for us. The rep said, no, they're right here next to me. And I swear to all higher powers that the woman started arguing with him that it wasn't possible we were at the port as our driver was at our house in the Valley.

The email confirmation we had received after booking had the correct info. The phone calls we had received both days was a recording that said our "driver was on the way" -- not on the way to our house or the airport or the port, but "on the way." And a recording so we couldn't ask to "where." I would think that after the first error, the supervisor would have ensured that the second pick up went smoothly. But obviously not.

And when we finally got home, one of the first things I did was to call the PT "customer service" number. Just voice mail. I left a message as to what had happened. No return call. After a few days, I sent an email. No reply until I sent a followup and said I was going to pursue contacting the credit card company. Finally got a reply saying we'll get a 25 percent credit on another booking. Nope, never going to use them again. They wouldn't refund our initial booking as it was a few days before Christmas so they considered that a holiday booking (which is ridiculous as it wasn't a pickup from the airport so it wouldn't have involved heavy traffic at all).

The next cruise I used On Time from which at least you get the driver calling you before your pickup. And they got the pickups right.