Getting around Cozumel w/15mo and carseat?

BethV114

Hi all. We are booked on Allure of the Seas in December and we're planning on going to Chackanaab while in Cozumel to do the dolphin interaction. What's the best way to get there from the pier with DD and her car seat in tow? I had suggested to DH that we rent a car for the day so we can just strap the carseat in and leave it in the car all day. But he's nervous about driving in Mexico, so he wants me to look into other options. How difficult will it be to deal with DD's carseat in a taxi cab? Alternatively, are there any private tour companies that we could hire to drop us off at Chakanaab and return us to the pier? Our thinking on that one is that perhaps they would allow us to leave the carseat with them while we're inside the park. I really don't want to have to lug it into the park with us and find a place to check it for the day if we can avoid it. But, on the other hand, there is absolutely no way we're getting into any kind of a motor vehicle without DD properly secured!

When we went to Cozumel we rented a car-they are right there in the shops next to where the ships dock. It was very easy to get around. We strapped the car seat in took a right and went to some of the isloated beaches. There are bars that rent chairs and have drinks every 3 miles or so. It was a nice unique way to see Cozumel. The road goes all the way around the island and takes you back downtown.

Taxis are all over the place and about a $10 ride to Chankanaab. They are very small cars with no LATCH anchors. It's great that you have a car seat, just make sure it's easy to install with a seatbelt.

It's an easy ride, I would just tell the driver to take it easy with the baby.

I have found the drivers very helpful and respectful with requests like that.

We took DS now 6 to Chankanaab when he was 15 months old and it was great. They had a small shallow cove/beach that was perfect. I think it might have been disrupted with one of the hurricanes.

Last year, we took the kids to Paradise Beach. Great time

Archived