hotels in Copenhagen

txd2

Another vote for the Marriott. We stayed there one night post-cruise and loved it. I also found a great rate on the Marriott website - it's like airfare - non-refundable and non-changeable (you pay when you make the resrvation) but we saved a lot of $. I figured, if I had an emergency that required the cancellation of the cruis, the one night in the hotel would be the least of my worries.

Here are hotels that I thought are good choices.

Copenhagen Marriott

71 Nyhavn Hotel

The Admiral Hotel

Radisson SAS Scandinavian Hotel

Radisson SAS Royal Hotel

And for those who can afford it, the Hotel D'Angleterre

• 4 weeks later...

I too am on this sailing. We booked the We have found that Sofitel Copenhagen for 6/29 as we found the Marriott, and other large hotels booked that night except for the rooms at premium prices.

With Priceline you generally bid on the area of the city you wish to stay, and the star level of the hotel you'd desire. It does require a credit card, and if your bid is accepted, you're given the information of the hotel you're awarded. Unfortunately, changes are not permissable, and you're basically stuck with what you get. There is a web site called biddingfortravel which serves as a kind of message boards where posters report their successful bids, or unsuccessful bids. It helps to give you a feel for what to bid so you don't pay too much, and the hotel your 'likely' to get. You can save a lot of money, and hopefully get the hotel you want, but there's certainly no guarantee. If you don't like what you get, then that is unfortunate because your credit card has been charged, and you can't cancel. Fortunately for me, it has always worked out, but I guess I've just been lucky.

• 1 month later...
We land at 7:00AM. Thinking about spending the night pre-cruise but don't want to be hanging around for hours. Does anyone know about early check-ins at the hotels?

I have a contact at the Copenhagen Marriott. His name is Jonas Knudsen and the email address is: mhrs.cphdk.copenhagen@marriott.com Maybe he can answer your question, at least with regards to the Copenhagen Marriott.

Steve

If you have Hilton Honors points, stay at the Scandic Webers near Tivoli. Only 10,000 points per nite. Nice location, nice hotel. Nothing fancy.

Gary, thanks for your posting. I didn't realize that Hilton owned a group of hotels in Copenhagen. They don't come up on the normal Hilton web site. I was able to book the Scandic Webers today using points. Now I'll have more money for shopping.

Archived