Solarium Bistro evening dinner - Oasis

Any one been for dinner here in the evening? Chosen to celebrate my 30th birthday here on our Nov cruise (in particular because our 8 yr old son is able to join us in this specialty restaurant).

What is it like at night? Can u see the stars, if clear? Hear or see the ocean? Any views or experiences about food, service or overall atmosphere most welcome - thanks - Jamie

We loved it. The food was delicious. Very different items on the menu, but was absolutely delicious. We had enjoyed it so much the first night we reserved a second night. The service was awesome, we had a server named Sean, and he was wonderful. We requested him the second night. We went early, because it was the only time available (we prefer to eat later) 7 or 7:30 pm, and we got to see sunset. The setting is very nice. They have candles, chairs are covered with cloth seat covers, and yes, you can see the stars. It looks out onto the Solarium pool deck, so from where we were sitting we could not see the ocean because it got dark, but we did have a window seat and there is a little stream of water that circles the restaurant. The setting is very peaceful and relaxing. The windows are floor to ceiling, with little spaces between the glass, so you kind of get the feeling your outside, but not. I had one of the best salads on the cruise here, and also tried Bison for the first time ever, and it was way better than the filet my husband had a chops. You will definitely enjoy the experience. :D

Wow thanks very much for the great detail. Cannot wait now you have made it sound so nice. Will be looking forward to eating some lighter but tasty food after nearly a week of gluttony lol.

Hmm me and DW will have no problem choosing just a bit concerned about DS as he's only 8 and quite fussy. Really want him there with us for my birthday celebration but not sure if he will eat much off that menu. Even tho I have paid a surcharge for him do you think the waiters will mind getting him something brought over from the MDR? Seems reasonable when we have paid that little bit more?

Archived