Noise in Dream Aft Balcony

auburn77

We just booked an aft balcony on the Upper Deck on the Magic. I noticed that there is a lounge with a stage directly below. Anyone that has had an aft on this deck on the Dream -

How is the noise level?

We just booked an aft balcony on the Upper Deck on the Magic. I noticed that there is a lounge with a stage directly below. Anyone that has had an aft on this deck on the Dream -

How is the noise level?

We were on the Dream in May and we noticed the lounges below and made sure we rebooked to deck 7 - good move. The people below did complain a lot, the entire aft from one side to the other is all late night venues. If you are a person who is in the clubs until 1 or 2 am, you will be fine. If you are a person who goes to bed early, you will not be happy. The piano bar is on one corner and the Song Lounge on the Dream was on the other corner, and in the middle was the comedy club which had early and very late adult shows at night. On the Magic (we are booked on 2 cruises on the Magic) the aft cabins on the 6th deck and the 7th deck are the same price.

No aft cabins left above us. Because we booked super saver, we have to switch to a regular Panorama Balcony (the only deck that cost more for a regular balcony than the Upper aft extended we have now). We have to go to an equal or higher fare. Our Carnival rep just told me that the cabins are well insulated and I shouldn't worry.

Should I switch to Panorama or has anyone actually been in an Upper aft on the

Dream and have first-hand experience with the noise level.

We love aft and don't really want to give it up, but we're not late night people.

In May of 2009, we were on the Splendor on the Upper deck, aft cabin 6456. It was directly above the ceiling mounted speakers in the El Morocco lounge.

Needless to say, we will never book an Upper Aft cabin again.

As someone else said, if you go to the lounges every night, the noise will not bother you but if you are in your cabin during the evening, you cannot hear the TV. The floor is thumping as if you are inside a low rider with the boom, boom sound vibrating things in the room.

Good Luck

Smitty

No aft cabins left above us. Because we booked super saver, we have to switch to a regular Panorama Balcony (the only deck that cost more for a regular balcony than the Upper aft extended we have now). We have to go to an equal or higher fare. Our Carnival rep just told me that the cabins are well insulated and I shouldn't worry.

Should I switch to Panorama or has anyone actually been in an Upper aft on the

Dream and have first-hand experience with the noise level.

We love aft and don't really want to give it up, but we're not late night people.

If it's like Dream, and all the way aft, it's the Comedy show below, not a club. I was in 6464 on Dream above the Song and it was not a problem on the two nights I was home early...it should be no big deal...

I just booked the sideways cabin just forward of the aft corner for my upcoming Dream and I couldn't be more pleased:D

Archived