Oh the Drama! Name on reservation ?

A group of us are sailing Sept 13 on the Majesty. One of the guys is single and decided to put a fake 2nd name on his reservation to buy him some time to choose a female compainion (I guess there are 3 in the running). He paid as if two persons were to be in the cabin. My question is, will he be able to change the fake name should he find someone who wants to go with him? What happens if he shows up alone, does he just pay the single supplement which would be less than the double fare and get OBC? How long can he wait before changing the fake name to a real person?

I know, I know, don't shoot the messenger. Thanks!

A group of us are sailing Sept 13 on the Majesty. One of the guys is single and decided to put a fake 2nd name on his reservation to buy him some time to choose a female compainion (I guess there are 3 in the running). He paid as if two persons were to be in the cabin. My question is, will he be able to change the fake name should he find someone who wants to go with him? What happens if he shows up alone, does he just pay the single supplement which would be less than the double fare and get OBC? How long can he wait before changing the fake name to a real person?

He can change the name up to (I think) 72 hours before sailing. If it gets too close (a week? two weeks? not sure) there will be a charge to make the change.

At this point, you are within the penalty phase for the cruise, and he may have "faked" himself out of a refund on the non-existent roommate. Better he should find a friend!

(explanation: he could still get a refund on some of the fare - as of today, he would only lose the deposit amount, which should have been $100. But that may be the difference in his solo fare and paying for two. Tell him to figure out those amounts! He has only a few days until he hits the 50% only refund of cruisefare period)

A single will pay two times the fare but only one set of taxes and fees, if the non existent roommate doesn't show he is unnecessarily paying more then he has to. Name changes are not a big deal. But if airfare is involved the rates usually are much higher the closer in and the 2nd person will pay top dollar to fly to the cruise. Tell him he has to August 1st to make a decision so he doesn't keep procrastinating.

Does anybody know for sure if the 72 hours prior is correct? Any info on the name change fee?

Thanks again.

No, it's 24 hours. And the fee kicks in at 35 days before your cruise.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000UcLMxoHdLPGVxrLDV0dla_y:12hbiocak;jsessionid=000090esv3x8jhcmfsD57jjx0kR:12hbiocak?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Cruise+Documents&faqId=245&faqSubjectId=329&faqType=faq

Cruise Documents

Q: Can I make changes to a guest listed on my reservation?

A: Names may be changed up to 24 hours prior to sailing provided one of the original names remains on the reservations.

Name changes will be subject to a $35 per guest fee if one of the following conditions exist:

Request is made less than 35 days prior to commencement of cruise vacation (inclusive of tours)

Cruise Only documents have been issued

Air Arrangements have been assigned and documents have been issued. Travel agents or guests should contact the Custom Air Desk for resolution of any incremental air charges encountered as a result of the change

Pre/Post Hotel arrangements have been assigned to the reservation

**Change fees are subject to change without notice.

Well, I'll try to make this as simple as possible. If your friend would have made the reservation using the single supplement he, she or even you would have had till 3 PM the day before the sail to add another passenger without a fee. I suggest you call RCCL to check my statement for accuracy and get the scope from them..

Happy Sailing

Earl

Don't mean to hijack the thread but I have a related question so I figured I'd just throw it in here.

I've paid for my upcoming Majesty cruise and now there's a possibility of a friend wanting to come with me. I'm booked as a single, completed online check in and printed my Set Sail pass.

I should still be able to add someone to my cabin, correct?

The only extra charges should be port charges/taxes for one person, correct?

Don't mean to hijack the thread but I have a related question so I figured I'd just throw it in here.

I've paid for my upcoming Majesty cruise and now there's a possibility of a friend wanting to come with me. I'm booked as a single, completed online check in and printed my Set Sail pass.

I should still be able to add someone to my cabin, correct?

The only extra charges should be port charges/taxes for one person, correct?

Yes, assuming the ship has not reached maximum occupancy.

And assuming you paid a full single supplement (total of twice the double occupancy price), not a discounted one.

I just priced a cruise single and it is expensive but it was still less than a double ....

Earl

I just priced a cruise single and it is expensive but it was still less than a double ....

Earl

Don't forget that port charges will only be for one person when you price it as a single. The total price will always be less, usually not by much though.

Archived