Qm2 eastbound ta 12 october 2010

Pikkewyn

I had started another thread on this trip, but didn't get any responses, so we can go ahead and use yours.

I'll be on the Oct-12 QM2 crossing. Going up to NYC on 10/9, then across and on to Paris 'til Oct-24 when I fly back to Austin.

First TA and first Cunard experience.

Hi Mr B, thanks for the response - I must have glanced right over the other thread.

I am sure you are going to love the QM2, she is amazing particularly on TA. We are spending a few days in NYC, after flying Cape Town - LHR - JFK in one shot, before boarding.

We love the QM2 far more than QV, so we are really looking foreword to getting back on board her. Our last Cunard trip was the QV and it just made us want the QM2 again as soon as possible.

It will be good to get some people together on this thread.

Regards P

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Mr B, thanks for the response - I must have glanced right over the other thread.

I am sure you are going to love the QM2, she is amazing particularly on TA. We are spending a few days in NYC, after flying Cape Town - LHR - JFK in one shot, before boarding.

We love the QM2 far more than QV, so we are really looking foreword to getting back on board her. Our last Cunard trip was the QV and it just made us want the QM2 again as soon as possible.

It will be good to get some people together on this thread.

Regards P

I think after 24 hours of travel from S Africa, a tugboat in New York harbor would look like an Eden of relaxation. Edward Albee has a play "My, Myself, and I" a bit off Broadway we snagged some tickets for on Sunday. And then seeing Boris Godunov at The Met on Monday night before we embark on Tuesday.

Did you get your pre-trip stuff in the mail? Got ours yesterday.

Probably going to use White Star Luggage for one case, need to book them this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I havent been monitoring this thread as I thought it had died. I am pleased to see that there is a bit more action for our TA on the 12th of October.

Are you guys also planning to meet in the commodore club at 2pm on the 13th?

Not sure how long the 2pm meet will last. I have never been to a FOD, are they good and have you met nice people?

I'm a CC and FOD meeting virgin, so someone else will need to chime in for that answer. And if I start drinkin' at 2 in the afternoon for these meetings, by the time I'm ready to dress for dinner - the butler had better be prepared to offer a lot of assistance.

Archived