Maho Beach

grizz516

Does Disney do any excursions going to Maho Beach. I am on the Oct. 23 Magic and my sister wants to see the beach with the airplanes landing almost right over you. She works at an airport already, why she needs to see more airplanes I really don't know but that is what she really wants to do on this cruise. Me, I want to do Blackbeard's castle on St. Thomas. So we are picking 1 excursion each. Thank you for any information.

Is there a time of day when most of the planes land or is pretty much spread throughout the day?

BTW, the history channel had a special last night that was about the 10 most extreme airports in the world. St. Maarten was #5 (if I remember correctly). Not only did that mention the planes landing, but they also covered the crazy people who like to ride the fence from a plane's thrust on takeoff. Crazy people out there!:eek:

We were there in January last year and it was amazing. We watched from the bar on the beach. I don't think there is any set schedule for the planes but we were there for about 30 minutes and we saw at least 4 planes. You will love it!!!!!

I've been to Maho Beach twice, both times we took a taxi from the ship to Maho. The biggest planes tend to land and depart 1pm and later, although there are smaller planes departing and arriving pretty much all day. Once you get to the beach, walk over to the Sunset Bar, and check out the flight info posted on a surf board there. Last time we were there (3 years ago) the bar also had speakers outside and broadcast the control tower/pilot chatter which was neat to listen to. My husband the plane geek loved it. I had fun too.

Have you gone to youtube and entered Maho Beach or Princess Juliana Airport? That will give you some idea of what to expect.

Archived