Butts Up in January, Jaguar Paws

onebzemom

We will be in Belize the last week in January. I haven't been able to find any posts regarding the water level.

I'm leaning towards Jaguar Paws. I think I read somewhere (can't find it now) the walk through the forest is the shortest with them.

My parents want to try cave-tubing, but Dad is worried the walk will be too hard on him. I'd be willing to float a bit less just so he could join us. Would Jaguar Paws work with us?

Just trying to gather all the information I can before I finally book.

thank you for your input :)

• 2 months later...

just returned from 9/4/2010 carnival dream cruise. i cannot say enough positive things about jaguar paws resort. i am so glad we took the "50% deposit" chance (other posts were very negative about this). first of all, as soon as we arrived in belize, they were herding all the cruisers to various excursions in droves. our instructions were to walk outside the gates and two blocks to the radisson resort. you could see the large sign for it at the port. this was our first time in belize with a 10 yr old and we were a little nervous. as we exited the port gates a number of people were approaching us for taxis, etc. but all we said was "radisson resort - jaguar paws" and they simply pointed us in the two block direction to get there and left us alone. as soon as we arrived to the parking lot of the radisson there was a driver there waiting for us. we travelled in a nice a/c van along with one other couple from ga. we had a nice drive to the countryside to the resort. it is definitely closer to the drop off point than other tours. we had a very short walk to the entrance of the caves. no exersion at all. a guide was with us the whole time, from the moment of arrival until departure. after the tubing, we had a wonderful meal at the restaurant (with a/c) located right there. by the way, we were virtually alone at the caves, arriving prior to the massive amount of buses from other tours. it was very peaceful. our guide even let us float freely and not leg locked. WHAT A GREAT DAY!

Archived