Handicap Villa is only one room

ascatsob

I originally had booked the handicap villa but switched it when another became available. When I originally booked the handicap suite (it was the only villa available at the time), the NCL agent said it was the same room as the others just wider and some of the fixtures are handicap accessible. This was not true. Our cabin steward showed us the handicap villa and all the walls that divided the bathrooms, bedrooms, and living room were non-existing. It seems that instead of making the entrance ways wider they just took out all the walls and it was just one big room. I am thankful that another room became available because having 2 bedrooms was why I had booked it in the first place.

Never heard of this. Can you tell us which ship. Are you talking about the BIG 3 br villa, or the 2 BR courtyard, or the 1 BR courtyard?

There is only one accessible villa on the Epic, it's cabin #16029. It's a Courtyard Villa.

Edited by CannonFodder

Never heard of this. Can you tell us which ship. Are you talking about the BIG 3 br villa, or the 2 BR courtyard, or the 1 BR courtyard?

location of the thread is a big clue.

Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line > "Everything Epic"

sorry....the room steward gave us a quick look (someone was staying in the room so it wouldn't have been right to take a picture) but I can tell you they had 5 people in the room and the beds were scattered all over the room!

There were no separating walls...the bathroom was separated by a curtain as well as the second bedroom. In other words...no interior walls and I don't believe their was a bathtub...only a shower.

Sorry to keep harping on this but I'm just having a hard time visualizing it. So the sinks in the bathroom that would normally be against the inside bathroom wall were just "free floating" in the room? Or were they relocated? And I assume that there was only one TV in the room since the walls were missing to place them.

location of the thread is a big clue.

Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line > "Everything Epic"

Pretty good assumption, but as many have seen, not always a good one.

(but I would trust you on this one based on some other comments)

glennjudy1

Just one big room with curtains dividing the areas. Didn't notice how many TVs..after I saw the one big room I was just thankful that I had switched rooms!

Look at. If NCL is not paying close attention, I can see them booking somebody into this suite, and maybe just telling them the bath is a little different. Wait till somebody boards and finds this, they will have a total fit. I know I would.

One of the big reasons to book that suite is to have a separate living area from the bedroom. And to have a bath is also separate. Wow!

On the other hand, I can see some situations where NCL (if they are smart) could upsell or or upgrade a HC balcony or HC mini suite into that villa

The reason I was booking this suite was to have a separate kids room and seperate living room. Boy the horns would have been blowing had I walked in and saw the one big room! It did look like a hospital room. I guess this is their way of not having to increase the size of the handicap room....just take down the walls!

I am that Poor Sucker who is stuck with this room for TWO WEEKS!!!! I hope NCL will fixed this for me. Stay Tuned!

Please take some pictures, we're very curious on what it will look like. Did you book it because it was the only available villa?

I am so sorry but now you know exactly what you are getting. Make sure you scream all the way to the top....I was told this room was exactly the same as the others but handicap accessible. I am not even sure the reservations department know that what they are saying is completely untrue. The only reason I switched rooms is because we are not handicapped and I was told if a handicapped individual needed the room I would be bumped. So as soon as another room opened up....I grabbed it.