Athol Island Snorkel?

scottjustin

Hi Everyone,

With just a half day in the Bahamas aboard the Dawn, I'm wondering if this snorkel trip is a good choice? Has anyone done it? Can you give me a description of your trip? I'm traveling with 16 people ( 8 Teens & 8 Adults). I'm torn between this excursion and the Sea Island Adventure to Rose Island. Thanks for your help! Sue

• 2 weeks later...

These are two very different types of tours. The Anthol island trip takes to a terrific spot just off the east end of Paradise Island for some very good snorkleing at the Sea Gardens. It's primarily at snorkeling tour.

The Sea Island Adventure takes you to Rose Island's Victoria Beach for a relaxing day on a private island. There's volleyball and kayaks for those who want to participate, a full native lunch, and snorkeling off the beach (this snorkeling is nowhere near as good as the sea gardens, but if you bring along some bread or other food, the fish will swarm around you.)

Your choice should depend on what you all agree you want from your trip. A day on a private island, or great snorkeling from your boat.

Both are a hit in my book.

Hey Scubagirrl, thanks for giving me your opinion on these excursions. At this time, I think the GROUP would like to find some good snorkeling & I think the Athol Snorkel excursion sounds like it would not disappoint us. How is the catamaran and crew that takes us there? Thanks for your time!:) :)

Hey Scubagirrl, thanks for giving me your opinion on these excursions. At this time, I think the GROUP would like to find some good snorkeling & I think the Athol Snorkel excursion sounds like it would not disappoint us. How is the catamaran and crew that takes us there? Thanks for your time!:) :)

There are so many catamarans lined up for tours, I don't have any idea which one your ship has contracted. All are well maintained, with seasoned crews. You'll have a blast.

Archived