Pre-Paid Tips

Parmstrong83

Looking at booking a four day to Baja from Long Beach on Carnival Paradise. Trying to book this through the carnivalcrusie.co.uk website, but it doesn't seem to have the prepaid tips option as per the us site? does anyone know if you are able to prepay tips from the UK?

I would book through the US site, but the price quoted on the UK site is more favourable.

Looking at booking a four day to Baja from Long Beach on Carnival Paradise. Trying to book this through the carnivalcrusie.co.uk website, but it doesn't seem to have the prepaid tips option as per the us site? does anyone know if you are able to prepay tips from the UK?

I would book through the US site, but the price quoted on the UK site is more favourable.

I am from the US but always pre pay my tips, I consider it part of the cruise cost so I don't want the charge on my bill at the end of the cruise. I'm sure you could book the cruise and then call Carnival to have them added. I booked 2 cabins over the phone and the pre paid was missed on one. I called and the tips were added.

Is it cheaper to prepay the tips or are they the same once you are on the ship?

I would prefer to pay in advance and consider it part of the cruise cost rather than having to account for the extra cash within our spending money. But if it is the same cost I guess I could live with it.

Is it cheaper to prepay the tips or are they the same once you are on the ship?

I would prefer to pay in advance and consider it part of the cruise cost rather than having to account for the extra cash within our spending money. But if it is the same cost I guess I could live with it.

It's not cheaper but is way more convenient to have prepaid gratuities as part of the cruise balance.

On all my CCL cruises the pre paid tips show up on your sign and sail car the first day. I personally have never seen them in my fare.

That is not pre-paid tips then...... :rolleyes:.

It is an option for pre-paid tips but maybe not for UK customers as they have a bit of a learning curve on the tip philosophy.

That is not pre-paid tips then...... :rolleyes:.

It is an option for pre-paid tips but maybe not for UK customers as they have a bit of a learning curve on the tip philosophy.

Very different policy in the UK, having been to the states a few times now getting the hnag of it.

In US tips are assumed whether the service is good, bad or other just the level is adjusted and in the UK they are only ever awarded for good service.

Altough i generally do always leave my 17%-20% tip, I sometimes forget about this in the budget before we go out to the states. I would much rather take care of it in advance.

Archived