Days Inn Cocoa Beach

TKDLady

We stayed there in October for one night pre-cruise stay just after hurricane season. It's nothing special but it was clean, there was a little damage from the hurricane but nothing major. If this is the one that is located 2 blocks from the pier, the location is excellent. Lots of places to eat within walking distance. Ron Jon's is about a mile walk from the hotel. The staff was very friendly, they even helped me out with a suitcase lock that would not work and had to be cut off. Good Cruisin!

• 2 weeks later...

Our group stayed at this hotel post-hurricane last September. It was terrible!! I suppose it could be much better now, but at the time all of the rooms were still wet and musty from the hurricane. I can't critize them for that, but I did have a problem with rooms not being clean. Some of the rooms our group were given had not been cleaned at all -- they were filled with beer bottles, trash, cigarette butts, etc. The girl at the front counter was great, but over-worked. As long as you go in with low expectations you shouldn't be disappointed. You may be pleasantly surprised. If you stay at this hotel say hello to Moriah (sp?) for me. She was the girl at the front desk that saw a lot of me as I was in the office often getting rooms changes, picking up towels, etc.

disregard the post I just left. It wasn't a Day's Inn that we stayed at, it was a Motel 6!! Some of our group stayed at the Day's Inn and I understand it was Ok. I do not recommend the Motel 6, however. Sorry for the erroneous post!

We stayed at the Day's Inn in October and it was just fine. Granted it was nothing fancy, but it was clean, the staff was very pleasant and helpful, they have a pool, it's very close to the beach and Cocoa Beach Pier and it was very reasonable.

We stayed at the Radisson in January to try something new and it was fine too. The public spaces are very nice and the pool (although it was way too cold for us to swim) was beautiful. The room was not all that much different from the one at the Day's Inn. It is more expensive.

It all depends on what you are looking for. I still feel that, for the price and location, the Day's Inn is a great choice. I would not be surprised if we stay there again.

Archived