RCCL Responding to Enquiries

DH and I are due to sail on Indy from Southampton in September 2010. After reading posts about multiple families being thrown off Indy earlier this month we have emailed RCCL to enquire what they are doing from a proactive point of view to counter the negative press they have been getting re troublesome passengers and the lack of willing of some security staff to deal with the situation. RCCL sent an automated response to say that they are dealing with our enquiry in order of sailing date. Is this a stalling tactic and are we likely to get a non descript and standard response just before we sail? Many thanks for your time everyone.

DH and I are due to sail on Indy from Southampton in September 2010. After reading posts about multiple families being thrown off Indy earlier this month we have emailed RCCL to enquire what they are doing from a proactive point of view to counter the negative press they have been getting re troublesome passengers and the lack of willing of some security staff to deal with the situation. RCCL sent an automated response to say that they are dealing with our enquiry in order of sailing date. Is this a stalling tactic and are we likely to get a non descript and standard response just before we sail? Many thanks for your time everyone.

You will always get an automated response so that you know that your email was received. I have always gotten the promised response later. Time varies, depending on the nature of the inquiry.

I am curious what sort of reply you expect to receive?

When the Navigator (and now the Indy) started sailing from Southampton a few years ago there has been some sort of negative press around. To be honest there isn't much else RCCL can do...except throw those who cause trouble off the ship.

When the Navigator (and now the Indy) started sailing from Southampton a few years ago there has been some sort of negative press around. To be honest there isn't much else RCCL can do...except throw those who cause trouble off the ship.

well said. anyone can book a cruise, hotel, car, cottage you name it. its what they do when they are there that matters. not all kids/teens are bad - I have seen many a drunken fool/party in my life.. and they were adults. :rolleyes:

T

Thnks for your responses. Good to hear that RCCL do then seem to be dealing with troublesome passengers, but interestingly, my OP didn't mention kids / teens. I for sure woud never make the assumtion that it's only kids / teens that cause hassle as I know some great youngsters who enjoy themselves without getting into trouble.

Unless you saw it somewhere other than Cruise Critic message boards, I wouldn't call it negative press, it's not like it's the Telegraph or even the Daily Mail. Estimates are that about 1% of cruisers read this, which means about .01% of the general population does.

But, to answer your question, not it's not just a stalling tactic, and yes, you will likely get a fairly standard response.

Who, what, where and when????? I missed it.:(

Archived