Private Tunis Tour - 11/16/10 (Nautica: Istanbul-Cape Town)

frqttrvlr09

I have arranged for a private full day (8 hour) tour of Tunis, including Carthage, with ToursByLocals in Tunis, when Nautica docks in La Goulette on November 16. The head guide, Taha B., is very active on Trip Advisor and appears to be highly regarded. His has suggested a fluent, English speaking university professor with his company to be my guide, with an A/C 4 X 4 vehicle with pickup and return to the dock. The itinerary includes Carthage, the Antoine Roman baths, Byrsa Hill, Sidi Bou Said, tea in a local private residence, private museum or tea house, the Medina, lunch in Dar a Jeld or in a residence in Tunis Old Town or own choice; and the Bardo Museum. I am willing to share this trip to reduce the cost for up to a maximum of 5 additional active, friendly people. If you are interested, please email me at cjak9088@yahoo.com.

I have arranged for a private full day (8 hour) tour of Tunis, including Carthage, with ToursByLocals in Tunis, when Nautica docks in La Goulette on November 16. The head guide, Taha B., is very active on Trip Advisor and appears to be highly regarded. His has suggested a fluent, English speaking university professor with his company to be my guide, with an A/C 4 X 4 vehicle with pickup and return to the dock. The itinerary includes Carthage, the Antoine Roman baths, Byrsa Hill, Sidi Bou Said, tea in a local private residence, private museum or tea house, the Medina, lunch in Dar a Jeld or in a residence in Tunis Old Town or own choice; and the Bardo Museum. I am willing to share this trip to reduce the cost for up to a maximum of 5 additional active, friendly people. If you are interested, please email me at cjak9088@yahoo.com.

Welcome to cruise Critic! You're more likely to find interest in a cruise-specific post such as this on the ROLL CALL for your cruise.

We're on the same cruise. Nov 16 is a major religious holiday in Tunisia. I've checked with the US consulate in Tunis and they told me everything is closed that day. You might reconfirm what is open vs. closed with your guide. Look forward to meeting you on the ship! BTW, we do have a very active roll call underway.

JimandStan: I did post originally on Roll Call; I don't know how it ended up on Cruise Critic forum; it must have Wiki Wiki Shuttle-leaked its way over to here.

Thank you, MobileMac, for advising me that Nov. 16 is a religious holiday in Tunis. I promptly emailed my guide in Tunis who confirmed that he had overlooked that it is a very important Muslim holiday and that Muslim sites, museums (including, unfortunately, the Bardo museum) and some shops in the Medina will be closed. Nevertheless, he advised that there is much to see, including panoramas of the region, including Carthage.

Archived