Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

I am trying to decide between CNA and PNA - what is the difference between premium coffee and specialty coffee? I've seen on here that specialty coffees are with alcohol but since I am buying a non-alcoholic package how can that be?? Can someone 'splain the difference please? Many thanks! ;)

I am trying to decide between CNA and PNA - what is the difference between premium coffee and specialty coffee? I've seen on here that specialty coffees are with alcohol but since I am buying a non-alcoholic package how can that be?? Can someone 'splain the difference please? Many thanks! ;)

Great question - I am dying to know the same thing!! :)

Do they swipe your card when you have a package? Just wondered if they keep track of how much people actually drink vs. the price. They have to be making money on the packages. I have the premium alcohol pkg for the Eclipse coming up and really doubt I will drink that much - mainly got it so I can try different drinks. Just curious if Celebrity tracks cost/usage?

Yes they keep a watchful eye on those who might abuse the package. :cool:

But it won't stop me. :D

Having the premium package will give you an opportunity to try something that you normally don't order.

Nice way to experiment. ;)

tequila.gif

I'm sure they track the usage of all package users to see if they are making a profit. It is a business after all. The way I look at it is, I know there are many days I may NOT drink $49 worth of drinks, but on other days I will outdrink that amount. My embarkation day bill is usually one of the highest of the cruise. I may drink different amounts of $$ on different days, but I am pretty sure I will break even or even beat the house on certain days over others. It just gives me peace of mind that I don't have to worry about getting billed for EVERY single drink!! My cruise is paid, my tips are pre-paid for SELECT, and my drink package will be pre-paid. We don't do excursions, so my bill at the end of the cruise should be next to nothing!!!

C&F -

I may NOT drink $49 worth of drinks, but on other days I will outdrink that amount. :eek:

My embarkation day bill is usually one of the highest of the cruise. I may drink different amounts of $$ on different days, but I am pretty sure I will break even or even beat the house on certain days over others.

You must be a lush to drink that much alcohol per day...:D

Celebrity’s ServSafe program teaches all of its bartenders and waiters how to serve alcohol responsibly and watch for over-consumption. If a guest purchases a beverage package and is suspected of over-consumption, bartenders and waiters will take appropriate action and may deny service, or serve water or non-alcoholic drinks instead.

This has me concern -

I like to get the package, this way it will allow me some fun taste testing drinks I don't normally order.

If I don't like it, leave it and then order a new one.

Will the bartender or waiter think I'm over consuming? :cool:

Will they make me walk the plank, oops straight line to see if I pass the sobriety test?

Does anyone happen to recall seeing where one of my favorites (from below) can be found on Equinox?

Cakebread, Sauvignon Blanc 10

Thanks

Patty

Are the lattes and special coffee drinks available on classic or just premium ... or better said ... is ANY drink under 8 dollars available on classic ... like a frozen margarita or daquiri's ---would they be available on classic ???

It's all on the website, but here's a bit about it:

Enjoy your favorite bottle of spirits in the comfort of your stateroom throughout your cruise. Your Stateroom Bar Setup will be ready for you in your stateroom upon arrival. Complete with mixers and a bucket of ice, sip your favorite cocktail as you unwind in private comfort.

Once you have confirmed your purchase online, the order cannot be modified. You may, however, cancel the order and then make your purchase(s) again.

This package must be pre-reserved a minimum of four days before your sail date. To purchase Stateroom Bar Setup Packages onboard, please inquire with your stateroom attendant.

Classic Stateroom Bar Setup

The Classic Stateroom Bar Setup includes a sophisticated collection of brands such as Seagram's®, Beefeater®, Captain Morgan® and more. You may also choose from a list of mixers, including Coca-Cola® products, Ginger Ale, tonic water or juices.

*Starting from: 80.00 USD Per Package

Premium Stateroom Bar Setup

The Premium Stateroom Bar Setup includes a sophisticated collection of brands such as Crown Royal®, Bombay Sapphire®, and Grey Goose®. In addition, you may also choose from a list of mixers, including Coca-Cola products, Ginger Ale, tonic water or juices.

Hate those people (like I just did) that asks simple questions like Bar set up or things that have already been discussed many times on previous threads. Sorry;I had read the above but thought bar set up in cabin might be somethign different. Thanks for answering.

Deciding between the two alcohol packages. I like Absolut on the rocks. Anyone have the cost of this type of drink.

I have a similar question. My husband and I are not heavy drinkers. But he does like to have a Vodka on the rocks occasionally. Is that the same as the price for a Martini? He drinks it plain and does not want an olive, a lemon twist or anything in it. Just curious. :confused:

GG

Actually it is 7 printable pages. Glad I put it on "draft." :D

Thanks for the tip. The list is now in my cruise folder.

Another HINT for printing. Copy, Paste, Change to Columns and do 3.

Print on both side of paper and it's only 2 pages (writing on both sides).

Edited by Milwaukeeee

I just had a thought' date=' if my husband and I are sitting at the Martini bar, he has the Classic and I have the Premium package

can I order a martini on my card then hand over my card to him so he can order a martini?[/quote']

One person getting his drink from his beverage package has to let them scan

your Sail Away card. This assures only one person drinking on his package. At the end of the trip the final bill will show just how many drinks were consumed and then you can figure out if it was a good deal or not. If the person using the card doesn't match the id photo on the card...no drink. Keeps it honest for the ship reports I guess.

For those waffeling on the beverage packages, my take on them is this: I want my vacation to be all-inclusive, this way I do not feel bad if I want to indulge in a latte or a brandy. :D

(Let's face it, getting up to $50/day is pretty easy - Latte w/ breakfast, another a little later, a diet coke, a couple bottles of water, a before dinner drink, one w/ dinner and one post dinner drink. I think you are almost at $50 there!):eek:

By getting the beverage packages, booking my excursions etc all up front, I do feel as though I am on an all-inclusive vacation. (And there are no nasty shipboard acct surprises!)

(And before someone says it, I know I am paying for the privillage and so it is not truely all-inclusive!:p)

I know the premium alcohol package covers all drinks up to $12, but is that $12 limit with or without gratuity added?

Jo-Ann

It covers drinks that cost up to $12. That's before the 15% "service charge" is added. On the packages, you prepay the "service charge" when you pay for the package (so add 15% to the price of any package to get the final cost). This is your "tip". I called X to confirm this. Any additional tipping is at your discretion.

We just returned from an 11 day cruise on the Equinox. I had the premium drink package and it was well worth it. I recommend it for anyone who would typically have a drink/drinks in the afternoon, wine with dinner (at $12 per glass this was a great option), and an after dinner drink/drinks. That doesn't count the bottled water and soft drinks consumed throughout the day.

It covers drinks that cost up to $12. That's before the 15% "service charge" is added. On the packages, you prepay the "service charge" when you pay for the package (so add 15% to the price of any package to get the final cost). This is your "tip". I called X to confirm this. Any additional tipping is at your discretion.

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear (I think my question, actually, is about as clear as mud!). I know we don't have to pay the 15% grat when we order a drink because we've already paid it when we purchased the package, but do they technically add 15% that would put the $12 drink now at $13.80. Would that make one unable to use their beverage package for that drink because now it's over the $12 limit?

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear (I think my question, actually, is about as clear as mud!). I know we don't have to pay the 15% grat when we order a drink because we've already paid it when we purchased the package, but do they technically add 15% that would put the $12 drink now at $13.80. Would that make one unable to use their beverage package for that drink because now it's over the $12 limit?

LOL, maybe my answer was muddy, too! From what I've read here and on the website, $12 drinks (price on the menu, before service charge) ARE included.

Has anybody tried the stateroom bar setup? If you finish a bottle, do they keep restocking? Don't need the setups if you know what I mean.

The stateroom bar setup is one bottle of liquor and 6 cans of soda/mix. The Classic is $80 and the Premium is $100. If you want another bottle you have to buy another setup.