Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

This has all been very informative. But on Celebrity's website, it appeared that Premium and Classic had completely different offerings. With Premium, can you chose from the Classic Package as well?

Absolutely. The Premium includes everything available in the Classic package.

Hello All, Am I understanding this correctly, that with the classic package you can get all frozen drinks, specialty coffees and even martinis (as long as you say the small size)? Therefore, the only reason to go with the premium package is if you drink the more expensive wines, beers, liquors?

thanks so much for any reply, ali

happy cruising to all

I have two questions:

1. If I don't sign up for a beverage package, is non-premium bottled water included? Or do I have to keep filling up the little plastic cups?

2. I've read several posts that say passengers can bring two bottles of wine onboard from the initial departure port. Does this apply only to wine, or can it be other types of alcohol as well?

Thanks in advance!

Hello All, Am I understanding this correctly, that with the classic package you can get all frozen drinks, specialty coffees and even martinis (as long as you say the small size)? Therefore, the only reason to go with the premium package is if you drink the more expensive wines, beers, liquors?

thanks so much for any reply, ali

happy cruising to all

Classic also limits you to beer no more than $5, I believe.

Premium for more expensive drinks, top shelf liquor, etc.

I have two questions:

1. If I don't sign up for a beverage package, is non-premium bottled water included? Or do I have to keep filling up the little plastic cups?

No bottled water is included, tap water would be included.

2. I've read several posts that say passengers can bring two bottles of wine onboard from the initial departure port. Does this apply only to wine, or can it be other types of alcohol as well?

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, that's wine only. :)

I'm a little confused if there is nothing for you to sign when you have the drink package how are they keeping track of the drinks you order?

They still enter it into the system and generate the slip, but you don't have to sign it, since there are no charges going on your account. The drinks will still show up on your shipboard account, just with '$0' as a charge. :)

My husband and I are wondering if we both need to buy the beverage package.

If you both want to do all-inclusive for the drinks, yes. The rules for the packages state that there is no sharing allowed.

You're not required to both buy if only one wants the package.

Edited by Jobeth66

We took 2 x3litre boxes of wine on board as we like a drop of wine!! These were in our large cases.However, the wine with dinner was soooo! expensive the first night that we bought into the Classic package. The bottle of wine with dinner was $35 minimum so that was half the deal. It meant that we could buy decent coffee instead of the gruel they offered elsewhere!! We are brits and not coffee officienados but know grotty coffee when we taste it.We could have cocktails but we could not have coffee and a licquer in the same bar so had to buy on in one bar and get the other elsewhere.How ridiculous!! It also entitled us to bottled water each day and decent afternoon tea in the Cova Cafe. We think that their prices are expensive but this did allow us to have a relaxed holiday. I have to say that it doubled the price of the cruise and we will look at 'all inclusives ' in future.

If you buy whole bottles of wine on the ship, is there still a corkage fee to have them opened? Will the save remaining wine for you for the next night?

Thanks. Jodie

No corkage if you're buying wine from the ship and, yes, they will save it for you if unfinished.

Just got off the Summit today and will do a longer review, but we had a fantastic cruise! I have to say that it is going to be VERY hard to sail another line after trying the drink package (classic). It was such a peace of mind option. I definitely got my money's worth, despite not feeling 100% and not having as many adult beverages as I usually do. But plenty of soda, water on and for off the ship, coffee, etc. I LOVED the ease of it. It will be a deciding factor for future cruises.

Just returned on my first Celebrity cruise.

I purchased the premium package for myself and the classic for my hubby.

Now that we have experienced this, don't think it's possible to go on another cruise without a drink package.

I literally drank through the beverage menus, just to give it a test drive. :o ;)

It was totally fun, experiencing drinks I normally don't order.

It totally spoiled me.

We definitely got our moneys worth from the package.

Just returned on my first Celebrity cruise.

I purchased the premium package for myself and the classic for my hubby.

Now that we have experienced this' date=' don't think it's possible to go on another cruise without a drink package.

I literally drank through the beverage menus, just to give it a test drive. :o ;)

It was totally fun, experiencing drinks I normally don't order.

It totally spoiled me.

We definitely got our moneys worth from the package.[/quote']

Glad you had a good cruise Nauti! I've seen your post for the past year about your first upcoming Celebrity cruise. Happy to hear you enjoyed it.

Glad you had a good cruise Nauti! I've seen your post for the past year about your first upcoming Celebrity cruise. Happy to hear you enjoyed it.

Oh yeah! Totally enjoyed my Celebrity cruise.

Best I have ever had!

Already looking into my next cruise. :D

The beverage package and fantastic crew sold me on Celebrity.

The crew was the most friendliest of any cruise line I have been on.

I took our final bill and added up what we would have spent without the beverage package and found that we came ahead. :D

What I found interesting was that there were double, triple charges on the print out bill for drinks I didn't order. :eek: Didn't have to argue about it, wasn't charged. ;)

Great thread!

Hubby and I will be on Celeb. Solstice soon. While I do not drink alcohol, hubby does... Methinks a drink package for him is the way to go - If I want to 'sample' a sweety-type martini of his - will someone come unglued?? I've been sampling beer my whole life - and still hate it.... but we have a standing joke that I try a sip once a week to see if I've grown up yet:D Certainly not trying to 'cheat' but I could get a little hot-under-the-collar if I did something to cause a controversy. Maybe noone will know this answer - I just thought:confused: Thanks in any event!

Thanks jg51 - very useful. I've booked premium for me, premium non-alcoholic for my two teens...hubby is still deciding. That's a pre-dinner cocktail every evening for me, and night-time hot chocolate for the boys. Last cruise we did was RCI with just the fountain soda package - this is much better.:cool:

Hi. My hubby & I are going on the Equinox in Nov, b2b, I have not read thru this whole thread, sorry! what are the prices for the alcohol & the non alcohol l unlimited packages, what does the non-alcohol include?

Also, can you do order on board, or do you have to do this in advance?

thanks

Hi. My hubby & I are going on the Equinox in Nov, b2b, I have not read thru this whole thread, sorry! what are the prices for the alcohol & the non alcohol l unlimited packages, what does the non-alcohol include?

Also, can you do order on board, or do you have to do this in advance?

thanks

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package, $13.00 USD Per Night Per Person

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package, $16.00 USD Per Night Per Person

Classic Package, $39.00 USD Per Night Per Person

Premium Package, $49.00 USD Per Night Per Person

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package says, In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water.

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package says, Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

Classic Package says, Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $5 per serving and spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving.

Premium Package says, For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $12 per serving.

You can order online before your cruise or you can order once you are on board for the number of night remaining on your cruise when you decide to purchase.

All prices in USD are subject to change without notice. A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions apply.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages&cS=SIDENAV#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename%3Donboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic%26ComponentTypeId%3D30%26categoryId%3D%26currencyCode%3DUSD

Edited by rhuntington3

We were just on the Celebrity Summit with our friends C&F, and Feelin_Nauti (above).

We had a great cruise, and will definitely sail Celebrity again. :)

I just thought I'd offer our take on the Premium Package, and the ONLY reason we won't be taking it again.

We DID like the convenience of ordering anything we wanted and just presenting our card without having to sign. And the worry-free aspect of it.

We like Grapefruit Juice at breakfast, and sometimes order two glasses each.

On RCI and Princess this was usually an inconvenience to the wait staff in the buffet.

With our package we ordered not just Grapefruit juice, but FRESH SQUEEZED grapefruit juice. What a treat!! (and at $4.00 a glass, the package was a real savings).

During the afternoons we would order beers, any we wished, and that was fine too. Maybe a Bloody Caesar before-dinner cocktail.

Also getting off the ship at port each morning we would just flash our card for a nice ice cold bottle of water.

If we looked at it strictly from a dollar standpoint, we probably broke about even.

The problem? -The wine selection at dinner. :(

We both enjoy Italian wines, in particular heavy reds, such as Valpolicella.

The Red wine selection by the bottle is very good. No argument.

The Red wine selection by the glass is very poor - Limited in fact to only 8 choices:

3 or 4 California, 1 French, 1 Italian, and 2 or 3 others.

DW tried the Italian, didn't care for it and settled for the French. I stayed with the Italian.

And that was our only choice for the week. :(

So, that is the only reason we won't do the package again. Our recommendation would be to make any bottle available by the glass.

(that didn't exceed the $12.00 per glass limit)

Especially since we always drink an entire 750 ml bottle during the course of dinner.

Or at the minimum, increase the offerings of wines-by-the-glass, and include more Italian.

We were just on the Celebrity Summit with our friends C&F, and Feelin_Nauti (above).

We had a great cruise, and will definitely sail Celebrity again. :)

I just thought I'd offer our take on the Premium Package, and the ONLY reason we won't be taking it again.

We DID like the convenience of ordering anything we wanted and just presenting our card without having to sign. And the worry-free aspect of it.

We like Grapefruit Juice at breakfast, and sometimes order two glasses each.

On RCI and Princess this was usually an inconvenience to the wait staff in the buffet.

With our package we ordered not just Grapefruit juice, but FRESH SQUEEZED grapefruit juice. What a treat!! (and at $4.00 a glass, the package was a real savings).

During the afternoons we would order beers, any we wished, and that was fine too. Maybe a Bloody Caesar before-dinner cocktail.

Also getting off the ship at port each morning we would just flash our card for a nice ice cold bottle of water.

If we looked at it strictly from a dollar standpoint, we probably broke about even.

The problem? -The wine selection at dinner. :(

We both enjoy Italian wines, in particular heavy reds, such as Valpolicella.

The Red wine selection by the bottle is very good. No argument.

The Red wine selection by the glass is very poor - Limited in fact to only 8 choices:

3 or 4 California, 1 French, 1 Italian, and 2 or 3 others.

DW tried the Italian, didn't care for it and settled for the French. I stayed with the Italian.

And that was our only choice for the week. :(

So, that is the only reason we won't do the package again. Our recommendation would be to make any bottle available by the glass.

(that didn't exceed the $12.00 per glass limit)

Especially since we always drink an entire 750 ml bottle during the course of dinner.

Or at the minimum, increase the offerings of wines-by-the-glass, and include more Italian.

Now that sounds disappointing :(. We've just purchased the premium package for 2 weeks. I was expecting trying all the wines that are listed available by the glass. I don't suppose you have a list of the available wines?

Rest of it sounds great though :)

I just posted this in the main forum, but figured it fits here as well.

We were on the April 9 sailing of the Eclipse. Needless to say, the ship was phenomenal, service outstanding, food delicious, everything truly top notch. The only issue I had was with wine at dinner. My husband and I both ordered the premium package as we are big martini and wine drinkers. While the premium alcohol package was well worth it overall, I was very disappointed with the wine by the glass selection in the MDR. I like to try different wines, and am a fan of good sauvignon blanc and pinot noir. I was very much looking forward to having the Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc and the Nickel and Nickel Pinot Noir with dinner, but apparently the Cakebread is no longer available by the glass (I asked EVERYWHERE) and the Nickel and Nickel was removed from the MDR wine list but was left on Qsine's. Prior to sailing, I had confirmed with a previous cruiser who had said she had no problem ordering the Cakebread by the glass in the MDR, but anyone I spoke with, from sommeliers to the cellar master himself said the wine is not available by the glass (except at Cellarmasters enomatic machines, which are not part of the premium package). The only Pinot Noir available by the glass was the Kendall Jackson, which I really didn't care for. I ended up going to Cellar Masters during the day if I wanted a glass, since they had a few nice wines by the glass available. Problem is, there was hardly ever a sommelier there prior to 5 PM, and the bottles are locked up. One of the times I went, I had wanted a glass of the Foley Pinot Noir to bring to lunch. That was a day at sea, and CM was supposed to have opened (and been staffed) since noon. Well, the sommelier stationed there said she did not have a key to the wine rack, and "hopefully" the next sommerlier will have it. She asked me to come back in a half hour, which I did, and the place was empty. I came back again (left the MDR, where we were having lunch), still no sommelier. Finally, I very nicely asked the MDR maitre'd if he knew when a sommelier would be available at Cellar Masters. He seemed very surprised that one wasn't, and asked an MDR sommelier to accompany me to Cellar Masters. The MDR sommerlier said he also did not have a key, but asked which wine I wanted, and when I told him he got me a bottle from the MDR cellar, and opened it just for the glass, which I thought was exceptionally nice, since that particular wine was only available by the bottle in the MDR.

Another issue I had was with the sommelier assigned to our table. She told us that this was her first sailing as a sommelier, and seemed VERY nervous. This was the first night in the MDR, before I found out the two wines I was looking forward to having were not going to be available. I had asked about the Cakebread, and she told me it was not on the list. I had mentioned that I spoke with someone who had just sailed and she ordered that particular wine by the glass in the MDR every night. The sommelier got really frazzled and literally ran away! After a few minutes, the cellar master came up to our table, asked what my question was and confirmed that the wine was only available by the bottle. The sommelier came back, took our order, did not suggest anything as a substitute to the wine I had wanted, came back, and poured by husband's super tuscan red into his WATER glass. At this point, the cellar master came RUNNING, grabbed the water glass, apologized, gave her a *look* and poured it into a proper glass.

Needless to say, I was disappointed but was hoping it would turn around the second evening. That evening once we were seated, the sommelier comes up to our table with a weird look on her face, and literally says "So....uhhhh...you want some wine?" Later that evening, I saw an assistant waiter come up to her as she was hiding around the corner from our section and tell her "listen, if people's glasses are empty, it is your job to ask if they want something else!" Now, I know that this would not have been a big deal to a lot of people, and I'm sure I am coming off as a snotty brat to some, but a HUGE part of the reason why I wanted the premium package was to try new wine and have someone knowledgeable suggest interesting wines to me. I feel that any semi-experienced sommerlier, seeing how disappointed I was that my first choice wine was not available, would have said "well, if you like that one, there's another great bottle I can recommend". At the very least, the sommelier would not have run away from the table!

After the second night, my husband saw how disappointed I was, and, having seen how excited I was about the wine/dine portion of the cruise, he suggested that I ask for a different sommelier to be assigned to our table. His words were "You paid for the package expecting a certain level of service, I know how much you were looking forward to having someone knowledgeable suggest wine pairings to you, it's fine that this is her first time and she needs training, but she does not need to train on you." I thought it over, and decided that since this one black mark was affecting the cruise so much for me, and I could do something to fix it, it would only be my fault for not doing so. The next day at lunch, I came up to the maitre'd and very nicely asked that a new sommelier be assigned to our table. I said that I had no issue with the one we have, but I'm aware that she's new and would like someone a little bit more experienced. That night a new sommelier was assigned to us and he was FANTASTIC. Basically, he was the combination of every great sommelier story I had read on the beverage package thread. He asked what I was having for dinner and suggested wine accordingly, if I wasn't sure what I wanted he'd bring over a few bottles to sample, and our glasses were NEVER empty. Phenomenal service and I did not regret having made the change one bit.

I would definitely get the Premium alcohol package again, but anyone getting it mainly for the wine should be aware of the potential drawbacks.