Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

We're sort of like you in our drinking and I purchased a Classic Alcohol pkg for each of us. It's $44 + 15% each day. I was thinking with fresh squeezed OJ, a latte coffee, a few bottles of water, then 1-2 cocktails, 1-2 glasses of wine per day we should easily hit $44. Leaving next week ... will let you know!

Hi, I would be VERY glad to hear from you and know how this worked out. I would definately drink 2 "premium" coffees or teas a day, and my husband probably one. I usually take a refillable water bottle with me and fill it aboard ship to drink on my excursion, so I am less worried about bottled water. Then alcohol as I outlined. So I was considering a non-alcohol package to cover the coffee/tea and occasional water if I am going to drink up to the cost (I haven't looked at pricing for this yet). So if this seems worth the price to you (or not) I'd love to have your feedback. Thank you! Laurie

Sorry if this question has been previouslyaddressed. Regarding ordering wine at dinner with premium package.. So if you can not order a BOTTLE of wine with dinner, can you order several DIFFERENT glasses of wine(under $12) one after another, thruout your meal, even in the Normandie?

OR, if you and tablemate order several glasses of the SAME wine at dinner, wouldnt it make sense to just give you the whole darn bottle rather than doling it out piecemeal? Thanks

Sorry if this question has been previouslyaddressed. Regarding ordering wine at dinner with premium package.. So if you can not order a BOTTLE of wine with dinner, can you order several DIFFERENT glasses of wine(under $12) one after another, thruout your meal, even in the Normandie?

OR, if you and tablemate order several glasses of the SAME wine at dinner, wouldnt it make sense to just give you the whole darn bottle rather than doling it out piecemeal? Thanks

I can't comment about Normandie, I have only been on Equinox, but you can have as many glasses as you wish and as many different wines as you wish, plus we were offered liqueurs and speciality coffees after dinner. :eek:

The sommelier will take your order and bring a bottle. The only difference is they keep it at their station, filling you up as required. We never had an empty glass. You can choose the sommelier's suggestions for each course as per the menu or choose your own. The sommelier will get a 15% tip for each glass poured (pre paid on your package) so they are very happy to keep replenishing your glass and it's win win.

Ordering in Normandie with the beverage package is no different than anywhere else on the ship.

What type of bottles are you looking for information on. Wine? Spirits? Beer? Water? If you can give more info we might be able to help.

Also, if you're not sure then why not wait until you are on the ship and take a day to check out the offerings, prices and your own consumption. You can always buy a package after a day or two of your cruise and pay the pro-rated rate for the remainder of the cruise.

Hi

Firstly , thanks for all the contributions to this thread and having read all 68 pages , it certainly is one of the most interesting questions on a cruise - how much to pay for your drinks aboard. We are sailing on Solstice Jan 1 and I am still confused about Lsimons post above . Celebrity say on their site that the beverage packages must be purchased for the entire cruise , and some anecdotal evidence suggests that you can by say the Premium Package on a pro-rata basis - say for the last 4 days of a 7 night cruise ?? Does anyone have a definite answer to this or have you done this recently on board . It would certainly make our decision easier as we plan to bring aboard Solstice the wine allowance and as much soda and water as we feel necessary , so the first couple of days should be covered adequately for us . We would then consider a package beginning the 3rd day or so if this was available to us. Any advice on the question would be greatly appreciated.

My cruise is May 2012 and I am unable to book a beverage package online.Is it too soon to book one yet or is there a problem with their website?Do I need to call to book one?

Laura

Yes, your cruise is too far out. Wait until it is closer to your sail date before booking online. You *might* be able to book over the phone, but I am not sure.

I booked at Dec 2011 cruise in Dec 2010 and it wasn't until June 2011 that i was able to book the packages on line.

Yes, your cruise is too far out. Wait until it is closer to your sail date before booking online. You *might* be able to book over the phone, but I am not sure.

I booked at Dec 2011 cruise in Dec 2010 and it wasn't until June 2011 that i was able to book the packages on line.

Thanks I will try to be patient!

Laura

...We are sailing on Solstice Jan 1 and I am still confused about Lsimons post above . Celebrity say on their site that the beverage packages must be purchased for the entire cruise , and some anecdotal evidence suggests that you can by say the Premium Package on a pro-rata basis - say for the last 4 days of a 7 night cruise ?? Does anyone have a definite answer to this or have you done this recently on board . It would certainly make our decision easier as we plan to bring aboard Solstice the wine allowance and as much soda and water as we feel necessary , so the first couple of days should be covered adequately for us . We would then consider a package beginning the 3rd day or so if this was available to us. Any advice on the question would be greatly appreciated.

See the following:

Can I purchase a beverage package for a portion of my cruise?

Subject: Beverage Packages

No, it must be purchased for the entire voyage. It can be purchased on board up until there are 2 nights left in the cruise and must be purchased for the remainder of the voyage.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Beverage+Packages&faqId=4039&pagename=faq_answers

Thanks for the reply Lsimon , you certainly add a great deal to this forum and I am most appreciative of the contribution you make .

Do you think it sounds ambiguous -

QUOTE] No, it must be purchased for the entire voyage. It can be purchased on board up until there are 2 nights left in the cruise and must be purchased for the remainder of the voyage

How Can it mean you must buy for the entire cruise and then again you can purchase up untill 2 nights are left ? I must be missing something here ?

cheers I hope :confused:

Thanks for the reply Lsimon , you certainly add a great deal to this forum and I am most appreciative of the contribution you make .

QUOTE] No, it must be purchased for the entire voyage. It can be purchased on board up until there are 2 nights left in the cruise and must be purchased for the remainder of the voyage

How Can it mean you must buy for the entire cruise and then again you can purchase up untill 2 nights are left ? I must be missing something here ?

Hi,

There are a lot of things on the Celebrity site that are ambiguous.

If you buy the drinks package you must buy it for the entire cruise but you can buy it part way through the cruise and be charged pro-rata for the rest of the cruise.

You cannot purchase it on a daily basis and you, for example, cannot buy the package from day 3 thru day 9 on a 14 night cruise. If you buy on day 3 you must have it for the rest of the cruise.

Jim

Hey Jim

Thanks for adding to this -- As I said , I guess my question is the ability to purchase a package pro-rata , say day 3 on a 7 day cruise ( I understand that it would then be for the remainder of the cruise ) and even the last few days on a longer cruise. I thought we might hear from someone who has actually succesfully done this recently . Maybe someone can give some definition to this as it should be a win win situation for both Celebrity and the cruiser .

I interpret this to mean that you can buy this on board up until there are 2 nights left, but you cannot buy it for certain days; say days 3 & 5 of the cruise. Once on board you cannot cancel it. My interpretation only.

If any one knows how to attach an Excel spread sheet to this thread, I have a very simple Drink Package Evaluator Spreadsheet that anyone can use.

Only need to input a couple of figures and it does the work for you!

Some one show me how and it will be posted for all to use!

X Silhouette Nov. 18th

Steve :confused:

atog254

If you send me the spread sheet to vovesen@gmail.com , I can upload it somewhere.

To me it means you can't purchase it for parts of the cruise on the website. But on board it can be purchased up until 2 days before the end of the cruise but has to cover all remaining days. I appreciate it doesn't say that exactly but all the information points to this being the case.

Eddie

The question still remains - Has anyone actually purchased a drink package for part of their cruise pro rata ? If so can you tell us how that went? That would take some of the mystery out of this question . Obviously everyone who uses this forum likes to plan and prepare and maximize the enjoyment of their cruise . It seems that someone would have at least tried to purchase a beverage package for the second half of their cruise ? Seems like I'm rather pedantic about this I suppose , but if I can do that I will wait rather than prepaying for the entire package on line now . :confused:

The question still remains - Has anyone actually purchased a drink package for part of their cruise pro rata ? If so can you tell us how that went? That would take some of the mystery out of this question . Obviously everyone who uses this forum likes to plan and prepare and maximize the enjoyment of their cruise . It seems that someone would have at least tried to purchase a beverage package for the second half of their cruise ? Seems like I'm rather pedantic about this I suppose , but if I can do that I will wait rather than prepaying for the entire package on line now . :confused:

I've seen lots of posts in the past where people discuss buying on board after the beginning of their cruise for the remainder of it at a pro-rated price. Unfortunately with the search feature not operating properly it is difficult to find them.

But here are a couple.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29579891&postcount=31

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1260511

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1332035

I may want a bloody mary at breakfast as noted on the room service menu in my suite. Will this be covered by the Premium beverage package if served by the Butler ? Or is everything on the premium package covered ONLY for all alcohalic drinks outside of room service? Do I have to get one at the bar and bring it to my room? I'm also trying to decide if its worth paying for the premium package.

I may want a bloody mary at breakfast as noted on the room service menu in my suite. Will this be covered by the Premium beverage package if served by the Butler ? Or is everything on the premium package covered ONLY for all alcohalic drinks outside of room service? Do I have to get one at the bar and bring it to my room? I'm also trying to decide if its worth paying for the premium package.

Hi,

Room service and mini bar not covered by packages. You have to get one at the bar and bring it to your room.

Jim

Thankyou so much Lsimon - Larry , if I'm not being too presumptuous - You are a fantastic help on the Cruise Critic Boards . Read through the links you identified and it does seem that we should be able to purchase the Premium Drinks Package for the second half of our Solstice Cruise -- fingers crossed. If you hear anything to the contrary please post as I will be watching the boards and especially this sticky. This is such a useful tool , especially for us here in Australia as we seem so far away from all the available information you have at your fingertips . Our family cant wait to get onboard Solstice on Jan 1 .

Thanks again

Thankyou so much Lsimon - Larry , if I'm not being too presumptuous - You are a fantastic help on the Cruise Critic Boards . Read through the links you identified and it does seem that we should be able to purchase the Premium Drinks Package for the second half of our Solstice Cruise -- fingers crossed. If you hear anything to the contrary please post as I will be watching the boards and especially this sticky. This is such a useful tool , especially for us here in Australia as we seem so far away from all the available information you have at your fingertips . Our family cant wait to get onboard Solstice on Jan 1 .

Thanks again

If you remain concerned then ask about this at one of the bars immediately on boarding the ship. That will confirm things for you.

Thanks Jim for the info on Premium Package not permitted for room service. It looks like the only bar open in the early AM is the Waterfall bar. Do you think you could get a Bloody Mary or Mimosa here and bring it to your room, or is breaksfast hrs too early to get one.

Thanks Jim for the info on Premium Package not permitted for room service. It looks like the only bar open in the early AM is the Waterfall bar. Do you think you could get a Bloody Mary or Mimosa here and bring it to your room, or is breaksfast hrs too early to get one.

Another solution would be to take a neat vodka (is it vodka in Bloody Mary?) back to your cabin from the bar at night, cover it with cling film and add it to your room service tomato juice. :)