Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

This is good information, but still--can I get a martini for $8 with whatever vokda?

yes, you can get martini for $7 at the bars using non-premium liquor and smaller glasses. Don't know about at the Martini Bbar.

yes, you can get martini for $7 at the bars using non-premium liquor and smaller glasses. Don't know about at the Martini Bbar.

But the martini bar is ***so*** worth visiting. It was worth the diff in price just to try lots of martinis.

My husband got the soda package for my daughter and grand son...A total waste ! Hubby signed up six months in advance and they switched to cans so the kids didn't even get a cup ! What a waste !

This seems strange. I was just on the Celebrity Solstice and they had both cans and fountain soda . They would give me a cup with ice when I asked for it to go with my can.

But the martini bar is ***so*** worth visiting. It was worth the diff in price just to try lots of martinis.

Best bar on the ship - especially on the Eclipse, and can't wait to try the Silhouette. Try the Martini Flight, which is a sequence of martinis that are lined up on the bar and individually poured into each glass (at the same time), I think the record they hold is 27 in one go !!

Search YouTube for Martini Bar Eclipse, you'll find a number of videos on there.

Just amazing !! I love it - and would never go on a Celebrity cruise without my Classic Beverage Package stamped on my seapass card.... soooooo worth the money :D

2 q's

Can I buy this package, of course non-alcoholic, for a minor?

Is it possible to order an orange juice and a coffee at the same time for the same person?

I wondered that, too. (on & coffee)

Edited by Wolfie469

Hello, "labeachcomber."

I have never seen anyone else mention something like this, so I suspect that it was an aberration -- perhaps an error made by a poorly trained sommelier. (Or perhaps your tablemates "bribed" him/her!)

My understanding is this:

The MDR's wine list has multiple pages showing the varieties and prices of more than 50 wines available by the bottle. Then it has one page (at the end) showing the varieties and prices of about 25 wines available by the glass. A sommelier (allegedly) will serve only wines from that final page -- not the earlier pages -- to a passenger that has a beverage package. Here is the MDR's wine list from 2010, according to a CrCr member:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=160677&d=1277749749

The last time I cruised, I was told that a bottle is considered to hold five glasses, rather than four. A Premium Package-holder can get wine priced at up to $12 per glass. So, if your sommelier was bending/breaking the rules, he/she may have been allowing your tablemates to polish off $60 bottles.

Or maybe there was a "surprise" on the final bill at the end of the cruise ! (?)

I wondered that, too. (on & coffee)

Technically they say one drink per person, but when we sat down for our meal, they would serve us San Pelligrino water, wine, martini or whatever else we wanted all at the same time. If they know you are not taking more than one to share, it makes all the difference. So in this instance if you are at breakfast you should be able to get both with no problem.

I'm sorry...I started to read through all the postings and I may have missed my answer somewhere but....

Where exactly can you order a Caffe Latte, Frappe or one of the Teas? Are they available in the Dining Rooms only? What about near the pool or theather? Are there times they are unavailable?

Also...what beverages are included all day?? Are those in the Buffet area open 24/7??

Thanks!

Janet

Okay...this may be a really dumb question but I have to ask....

Where can you get bottled water, canned soda or bottled juices on board?

And whil I'm at it...

Are there any restrictions if you get the package (like I cant get bottled water at the pool?)

What about beverages in the Theather??

Do they serve beverages during the shows and are the plans good there as well?

I apologize if the answers are posted....I did try to read through them all!!

Okay...this may be a really dumb question but I have to ask....

Where can you get bottled water, canned soda or bottled juices on board?

And whil I'm at it...

Are there any restrictions if you get the package (like I cant get bottled water at the pool?)

What about beverages in the Theather??

Do they serve beverages during the shows and are the plans good there as well?

I apologize if the answers are posted....I did try to read through them all!!

Cathysmom........you can get bottled water everywhere bars-pool-on your way off the ship and all dinning rooms. Same for canned soda now that they are once again using cans not sure about bottled juice I think juice is by the glass.:confused: **Can't get soda or juice when leaving ship only water.**

There are no restrictions if you have the package but there is a difference in the type and size of bottle water you get depending on which package you buy. Yes they do serve beverages durning shows with or without the package you ca pre pay as in a package or pay as you go.:rolleyes:

The plans are good everywhere.:D

The package worked very well for me on my last cruise and I have it for my up coming 11/30/11 sailing but only you know if it's for you or not.:eek:

Have a good trip.

Thanks for the replies! My last cruise was 10yrs ago and we got the "Soda" plan...I'm not a big soda person but I do drink water and the caffe lattes got my attention.

I just wanted to make sure that I'd be able to get one without having to run to a specific location. I do like the convenience of being anywhere and getting my beverage and with the packages I dont have to worry about what the tab may be at the end of the trip!

Thanks again!!

Janet

I was going to buy the Classic package, but they raised their prices - it's $400.00 per person now. We normally have a bar tab around $400 for two people for the week, so at $308 plus tax/tips it would have been worth it. Their price increase changed our minds.

We are on Solstice Jan 1 and I have read and re-read the 1500+ posts here several times and my head is spinning . I would like to purchase the premium package -- we would mainly be drinking wine -- sparkling wine / Champagne -- but it seems that the wines by the glass are very limited - does anyone have the latest wine by the glass lists relevant to Solstice - I have read the 2010 lists and a list from the Constellation from earlier this year but cant find a more recent one .

Can someone also tell me - I have seen different wine offered in the MDR , the specialty restaurants ( the Silk Harvest list had no Champagne offered by the glass ? ) and bars --- can I get say - Perrier Jouet Champagne by the glass at all bars ? dining rooms etc ?

Thanks for any advice here .

We are on Solstice Jan 1 and I have read and re-read the 1500+ posts here several times and my head is spinning . I would like to purchase the premium package -- we would mainly be drinking wine -- sparkling wine / Champagne -- but it seems that the wines by the glass are very limited - does anyone have the latest wine by the glass lists relevant to Solstice - I have read the 2010 lists and a list from the Constellation from earlier this year but cant find a more recent one .

Can someone also tell me - I have seen different wine offered in the MDR , the specialty restaurants ( the Silk Harvest list had no Champagne offered by the glass ? ) and bars --- can I get say - Perrier Jouet Champagne by the glass at all bars ? dining rooms etc ?

Thanks for any advice here .

Here are links to copies of several wine lists from recent cruises. There is a wine by the glass selection at the back of each menu:

As you can see there are some minor difference between the Constellation and Eclipse list. The Solstice list should be the same as the Eclipse list although there are probably some minor changes since last February.

Also the basic bar list from Feb-2011 Eclipse (click here) - although the wine selection varies at some bars with Cellar Masters having the nicest selection.

You'll find that there are a few sparkling wines available under the packages but even the least expensive Champagne on board is over the limit - although I read here on Cruise Critic that you can now order these and pay the price difference over $12/glass if you have the premium package. One of the reasons that we do not do the packages is that we prefer the wide selection of bottled wine on board and also enjoy some nicer wines by the glass including a nice glass of Champagne now and then.

Edited by Lsimon

We are debating on whether to go with the classic or premium package.....I saw a few posts that mentioned paying the difference for a more expensive drink but I am sure I have read somewhere that you can't do that - its either covered in your package or not.

Can someone please clarify? I don't think we'll need too many premium drinks but there are a few I'd like and I hate to pay full pop when I have some sort of package.

Thanks,

Melissa

We are debating on whether to go with the classic or premium package.....I saw a few posts that mentioned paying the difference for a more expensive drink but I am sure I have read somewhere that you can't do that - its either covered in your package or not.

Can someone please clarify? I don't think we'll need too many premium drinks but there are a few I'd like and I hate to pay full pop when I have some sort of package.

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa,

Yes you can now pay the difference for a drink over $12 with the Premium package only.:p

Thankyou Lsimon , as usual , you are a wealth of knowledge and we are fortunate to have your contributions here on these boards . We too were thinking that we would just order and pay as we go , but after adding up our likely consumption of wine per day , especially on sea days , we are about the same as the package price - so maybe a nicer coffee and a martini / daquiri or 2 makes the premium package appealing. On the other hand , I know we will miss out on tasting some bottled wines we would prefer to order , and just order the small range offered by the glass. There in the conundrum lies.

Can you tell me if Red Bull is readily available on Solstice - I see it on some lists -- that may influence one person in our party who plans to buy a package .

...On the other hand , I know we will miss out on tasting some bottled wines we would prefer to order , and just order the small range offered by the glass. There in the conundrum lies....

I don't think I've seen Conundrum on the wine list, but if they add it then it will likely be only by the bottle. A very nice blend....

Conundrum-2008.gif