Dream still smelly?

There is a worrying review by Beyonce (surely not?) that has just appeared indicating that the Dream still has a few issues with bad smells and leaky toilets. This is the first time I've read this on a recent review; the majority are very good. I'm assuming there is still the odd cabin that has a problem which is not good if you're the one in that cabin, of course, but at least it doesn't appear to be a ship wide problem.

It also mentions that the ship was unable to dock in Mahon because of its size. What's that all about?

There is a worrying review by Beyonce (surely not?) that has just appeared indicating that the Dream still has a few issues with bad smells and leaky toilets. This is the first time I've read this on a recent review; the majority are very good. I'm assuming there is still the odd cabin that has a problem which is not good if you're the one in that cabin, of course, but at least it doesn't appear to be a ship wide problem.

It also mentions that the ship was unable to dock in Mahon because of its size. What's that all about?

Sorry but.....:rolleyes:

7.gif

Des O Conner actually ;)

Seriously though,were all aware you had a bad cruise but many have had a great cruise since myself, included.There obviously is some issues however and it appears to change from week to week.Reviews on the other site would seem to testify to that

7.gif

Des O Conner actually ;)

Seriously though,were all aware you had a bad cruise but many have had a great cruise since myself, included.There obviously is some issues however and it appears to change from week to week.Reviews on the other site would seem to testify to that

Despite Beyonce's review, I would hazard a guess that the problems aren't as serious as they were in April, May and early June. I'm cruising on the Dream on August 10, 2 weeks today and not even Floppy 159 will stop me from looking forward to it! Most recent reviewers are enjoying all or part of their cruise, even if there is a slight smell, or indifferent air conditioning!!

No smells or leaks at all couple of weeks back when we were on board.

Can believe the odd passenger might have problems, but sure it's nowhere near as bad as it got in May/June- have spoken to others who cruised after us, and they didn't have any issues with smell...

I think this might be the same story which went out on a Welsh TV programme a few weeks back and related to the early problems on Dream. Thankfully, both for recent passengers and soon-to-travel cruisers, the reports we're now getting are painting a different picture.

It certainly is kruzseeka

http://www.holidayclaims.com/LatestNews/Thomson-Dream-Cruise-Turns-Into-Nightmare.htm?p=1

What I cannot understand is,if there was so many passengers contracting severe stomach cramps/sickness why this was never covered by the national papers and and the national news and not just by Wales :confused:

Still smelly issues on Dream but apparently not as bad as earlier.

On hearing several complaints I decided to walk all the decks sniffing ( I need to get out more). This is what I found.

There was a obvious smell of sewage in the corridors on the starboard side at the rear the the 'new' inserted section, in the areas of cabins 5125 and 6137. Also on deck 7 port around 7054/7056. The smell was not overpowering to me and came and went. It happened about 4/5 times in a fortnight on deck 7 but was never actually in cabin 7056, just outside. I reckon a country dweller would not even notice being used to 'country odours'

You might be interested to know of the awful noise coming from the ceilings of the corridors on decks 9 and 10, in the aft section cabins 920 to 940 and 1002 to 1022, especially on the port side. This might be overworked aircon plant as a passenger who was an aircon engineer reckoned that a number of the compressors were broken which meant the rest were working flat out trying to cope with the load, hence the breakdowns and varying temperatures as the staff juggled with the the problems.

Archived