Full sun - aft balconies?

kymbakitty

Let me just state that I am geographically challenged. I don't do "west/east/south/north," as I must have missed that class. I even travel for my job....thank goodness for mapquest.

I recently read a post about an aft cabin on the Solstice. The poster was stating that there was so much sun that she could barely use the balcony!

Well, that is PERFECT for my DH. He loves the sun. But I know there are some cruises where he says that the stern won't get any sun at all.

Speaking of transatlantic cruises, which time of the year (Apr/Oct-Nov) would be full sun on a balcony? I'm going to ask my DH also, but I want backup (ha!!!).

Is it true that there would be cruises where the aft cabins would not get any sun at all (not that I don't trust my DH....but I am not 100% convinced that he knows either)?

I may have to book really far in advance for one of these "sunny" balcony cabins...but that's okay--so long as we know for sure.

Thanks!!!!

Dawn

Speaking of transatlantic cruises, which time of the year (Apr/Oct-Nov) would be full sun on a balcony? I'm going to ask my DH also, but I want backup (ha!!!).

The spring transatlantics travel from U.S. to Europe - so the ship is heading east. As such, one would expect the aft balconies to get the sun in the afternoon as the sun would rise in the east (towards the front of the ship) and set in the west (towards the aft). I have heard that the sun angles more towards the starboard side of the ship on spring corssings.

For the fall crossings, the aft staterooms would get the sun during the morning and you'd have more sun towards the port side than the starboard.

The spring transatlantics travel from U.S. to Europe - so the ship is heading east. As such, one would expect the aft balconies to get the sun in the afternoon as the sun would rise in the east (towards the front of the ship) and set in the west (towards the aft). I have heard that the sun angles more towards the starboard side of the ship on spring corssings.

For the fall crossings, the aft staterooms would get the sun during the morning and you'd have more sun towards the port side than the starboard.

Exactly what I needed.

If we go with a CS, it does not appear that an aft suite would be an option. Those appear to only be mid ship.

The size of a SS would be fine; however, I wish there were some sort of curtain that would separate the living area from the bed (one of us is an early bird and the only likes the dark in the a.m.). We had a really heavy curtain separating the two rooms on a Princess ship before...it was really cool...especially since they had access to the bathroom in the hall as well as the bedroom!

Thanks!!!!

Dawn

Archived