Cruising with four kids...for those that have done this

momof4girls

I posted this first in the Carnival Cruise section, but someone there pointed me in this direction, so I'm re-posting it over here...

My dh and I are looking at taking our girls on their first cruise (would be his too) in August 2012 (on Carnival). From all the reading I've done (so far) on this site, it seems that connecting staterooms would be best? Or possibly a balcony for us and an inside for them? I was wondering how soon these fill up once a cruise/prices are announced? I kind of have an idea of the price based on August 2011 cruises, but I'm not really sure how fast we'll need to jump on this, once Carnival announces the August line-up.

And if anyone has any other advice for cruising with 4 kids, I'd be happy to hear it!:) Oh, for reference my girls (at that time) will be 16, 15, 7, and 6.

Your family will LOVE cruising together!

Because you are looking for a connecting stateroom, I would book very quickly after sailing dates are announced. Due to the fact that these rooms are pretty limited, depending on the ship you plan to sail on.

In my opinion, I would prefer to have my kids in a connecting room but with your older girls being teenagers I am sure they would be fine in a inside room across the hall. :)

Have a fun time planning your trip!

I have travelled with the 4 kids on carnival. We have 2 teens and then preschoolers. We had cabins next to each other and that worked fine. The teens were next door in their own room and we had the quad next to them. We did insides since we could save money for excursions since it ads up for 6 people. Cruising makes for a great family vacation!

We cruised with 4 kids 2yrs ago and are getting ready to go again. We get 2 interior connecting rooms. I'd rather save the money to vacation more often hence the inside rooms. :) We've booked at different times so I'm not sure what to tell you as we sail in off peak times (we homeschool so we can vacation when most kids can't). Good luck!

I would recommend booking as soon as possible. On our last cruise, we booked a balcony with an inside directly across for our 3 sons. When we had to change dates about 2 months later, there were very few cabin options available. There are also a limited number of cabins that sleep 4. Our boys 15, 9 & 7, loved having an inside room. This is the first time that they were not connected and we didn't have any issues. We ended up at the back of the ship and it was wonderful, no traffic back there so I felt very safe with them in their own room.

You will love cruising with the kids. It is a wonderful vacation for the whole family!

Archived