Clarification of classic vs. premium please

CLEMM

In the wonderful sticky above the OP indicates that any non alcoholic drink under 8 dollars is included in the classic package, yet the price list indicates red bull and sparkling waters are under 8 dollars but are only included in the premium package. And what about hot chocolate? So I am confused. It would really make no sense that someone with a classic package can have an 8 dollar glass of wine, but not a 2.5 dollar bottle of san pelligrino or a smoothie, but that is what the details of the packages says. So what is correct, the sticky or the details on the Celebrity site, and please tell me about hot chocolate.

I know it's confusing but that's the way the package is set up. Some things under $8 are NOT included in the Classic alchol package. Basically the way it works is Classic Alcohol, includes Classic Non-Alcohol and Premium alcohol includes everything Classic and Premium Non-Alcohol. For instance those smoothies, premium waters and red bull are not included in the Classic package even though they are under the $8 limit. Here's my compilation of the packages, which was just copied from Celebrity's website. Hot chocolate is included under the Classic package I believe.

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water.

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Aqualina, Cranberry, Tomato, Apple, Pineapple Juices, Orange, Grapefruit, Coffee, Tea.

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package

Enjoy nearly our entire selection of Non-Alcoholic beverages on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Premium Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Cranberry, Pineapple, Orange, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coffee, Red Bull, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks, Vitamin Water, Evian®, Pellegrino®.

Classic Package

Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $5 per serving and spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving.

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Aqualina, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jameson, Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's Courvoisier VS, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Hennessy VS, Beefeaters, Tanqueray, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Three Olives, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Jose Cuervo, Disaronno Amaretto, Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, Drambuie, Sambuca, Kahlua, Bolini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jean Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Rutherford Ranch, Kendall Jackson, Marques de la Concordia.

Premium Package

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $12 per serving.

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Specialty Coffee, Specialty Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Orange, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Samuel Adams, Red Bull, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks, Vitamin Water, Evian®, Pellegrino, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Grolsh Swing Top, Red Stripe, Carlsberg, Hoegarden, Guinness, Newcastle Brown Ale, Boddington's, Leffe, Stella Artois, Peroni, Johnny Walker Black, Glenfiddich Pure Malt, Dewars 12 year old, Chivas Regal, Glenlivet, Crown Royal, Tangle Ridge, Old Black Bush, Knob Creek, Blanton's Single Barrel, Remy Martin VSOP, Courvosier VSOP, Hennessy VSOP, Bombay Sapphire, Ketel One, Effen, Level, Belvedere, Grey Goose, Pyrat XO Reserve, Montecristo, Bacardi 8, Patron Silver, Patron Anejo, Patron Gold, Extase XO, Grand Marnier, Bollini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jena Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Antinori, Chateau Castera, Rutherford Ranch, Kendall Jackson, Marques de la Concordia.

From Celebrity’s website regarding the difference between premium and specialty coffee:

What is the difference between Premium Coffee (Classic N/A Package) and Specialty Coffee (Premium N/A Package)?

Subject: Beverage Packages

Premium Coffee is in reference to our Cova and Lavazza cappuccinos, lattes, mochacinos, etc. that would normally be for charge to the guests. Specialty Coffee refers to our exotic coffee cocktails such as Sailor's Coffee(CN & ML Class) with Amaretto, Malibu Rum, Kahlúa liqueur and whipped cream, or the Espresso Melba (SL) with peaches, hot chocolate, whipped cream and crushed biscotti. Selections vary by class of ship.

But hot chocolate is listed in the premium package so I really don't get it.

I agree with you, "CLEMM."

It makes NO sense for hot chocolate ($4) NOT to be included in both "Classic" packages. I suspect that an error was made in that one paragraph quoted by "kitkat9438."

By the way, I was the "OP" on the new "sticky" thread, and I made some significant mistakes (yesterday) in what I said was included in each of the packages. Today, I apologized to you and others, and (with help from a couple of people), I think that we have posted all the necessary corrections. If you see any further errors there, please leave another note. [We may not have gone into this hot chocolate controversy today, now that I think about it.]

Take it easy.

But hot chocolate is listed in the premium package so I really don't get it.

In case you don't know: They have hot chocolate for no additional charge available to anyone in the buffet area and presumably in any dining venue. It is Nestle in a packet, but it is available.

Archived