ATT I-phone

Toothferry

They will work, but it is at least $2.49 per minute for phone calls, and the internet is also not free. If your phone goes to check your email, you will be charged as well. I plan to turn my phone on airplane mode upon departure from the port of Miami.

wow!!! thats great info.. I will also do same.. plane mode all the way... so I can listen to my music... boy.. no texting for 7 days...!! WOW!! :confused:
Wow that sounds like something called a VACATION. :D

You will survive! :)

I would double check on that -- last year I went on RC and we stopped in St. Thomas and I had an "emergency use only" message on my screen and no way to make calls. I have AT&T service, but not the Iphone. I know the Epic doesn't go there, but on PR where there is no roaming for sure.

wow!!! thats great info.. I will also do same.. plane mode all the way... so I can listen to my music... boy.. no texting for 7 days...!! WOW!! :confused:

Texting (in total moderation) may be the most cost effective way to stay in touch. If you do go off airplane mode make sure "Fetch Data" is off on your email options or days of mail will download at $.025 per KB. It adds up fast.

Text messages are $.50 to send (far cheaper then email on the ship) and depending on plan $.10 to receive. Perfect for a quick checkin with home but not intended for the texting junkie.

I would double check on that -- last year I went on RC and we stopped in St. Thomas and I had an "emergency use only" message on my screen and no way to make calls. I have AT&T service, but not the Iphone. I know the Epic doesn't go there, but on PR where there is no roaming for sure.

Must have been your plan or phone. From the AT&T International service Q&A

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/International-Service/We-will-be-taking-a-trip-to-St-Thomas-the-Virgin-Islands/m-p/1532758#M8146

"You phone will work fine there. The Virgin Islands are considered part of your normal coverage area and there are no extra charges there."

PR and the USVI are part of domestic coverage..

http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/..

Archived